URGENT***17 YR OLD CHOW NEEDS RIDE FROM CA TO AZ!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
annbridges

URGENT***17 YR OLD CHOW NEEDS RIDE FROM CA TO AZ!

Post by annbridges » Fri May 21, 2010 12:21 pm

PLEASE help this 17 year old gal leave the shelter in LA County, CA (Baldwin Park Shelter) and get to her foster home in Glendale, AZ! ***URGENT!!!*** Last minute request, but need this trip to happen tonight (5/21) if possible or this weekend! She only has until Monday, 5/24 to get out or will be PTS!

Dog's Name: AMBER (although she doesn't know this yet...volunteers have since named her!)
Approx. weight: 65 lbs
Medical conditions/needs: not aware of any
Temperament: according to shelter volunteer, laid back "Senior"!

Please use me as a contact to coordinate flight:
Ann Bridges (Ft. Myers, FL)
Cell Phone 239-462-3310

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SEE HER POST ON FACEBOOK FOR PHOTO, ETC.!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1065694329

THANK YOU FOR ANY CONSIDERATION GIVEN TO MAKE THIS FLIGHT FOR THIS OLDER GAL & HER CHANCE TO LIVE HER LIFE OUT IN A HOME THAT LOVES HER! :)

Joe Radford

Re: URGENT***17 YR OLD CHOW NEEDS RIDE FROM CA TO AZ!

Post by Joe Radford » Fri May 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Thanks Ann! I have it covered. Flying to El Monte airport in CA to pickup sweet Amber, flying her back to AZ and fostering until a home is found for her. Meeting Ric Browde at the airport today @ 5:00 p.m.. Ric is pulling Amber from the shelter and transporting her to the airport. Thank you Rick!

Joe Radford

annbridges

Post by annbridges » Fri May 21, 2010 12:57 pm

THANKS JOE! This is wonderful and sooooo very kind of you to not only fly her out to safety but to then foster her as well! You're doing an amazing thing here...saving AMBER's life today!!! (Please tell Rick thank you for us all for bringing her from the shelter to meet you at the airport!) Can't wait to see once you're in flight with her :)

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Ann

glacier

Post by glacier » Fri May 21, 2010 1:18 pm

Joe, You are indeed a Sky Angel! This story has brought tears to my eyes; thank you so much for flying her. How anyone can dump a 17yr old dog in a shelter or anywhere is beyond me........Take lots of pictures of this sweet old gal. Lynn in Idaho

ScoutsGirl

Post by ScoutsGirl » Fri May 21, 2010 7:00 pm

I've been tracking this MIRACLE of a FLIGHT/RESCUE that is currently in process as I type... very close to touching down and Joe meeting this adorable sweetheart of a dog for the first time... face to face.. hand to paw and heart to heart! This organization is truly A BLESSING and I want to personally thank each pilot that is involved with Pilots N Paws!! What a truly amazing organization procured by nothing more than LOVE. You all take that 'simple' four letter word to a whole new level... It has rendered me (almost) speechless : ) !! I watched what seemed to be a tragic situation slowly turn around into such a miracle rescue.. Had it not been for all involved! THIS particular rescue has restored my faith in humans and has shown me that there is still love in this world, and there still are LOVING individuals that care enough to make a difference! And this organization is the epitome of an example of such LOVE!! You all get no monetary reward from this work you do, though sometimes.. actions speak louder than words (and/or money)!! I' AM CERTAIN that you all are surely scoring some MAJOR points left and right up in heaven!!
A very special thank you to you, Joe!! For what your incredible 'act of kindness' has done to .. not only this sweet girl, but to all of us! Watching the tracking of your flights from AZ to and from Cali & back... I am literally watching a miracle happen right before my eyes!! : ) I am SO PROUD to be a part of both this rescue and to have been a part of it with YOUR ORGANIZATION!! Like they say.. together we CAN make miracles happen!! It's so nice to have a smile on my face, one that I will be flashing for quite some time to come!!
WITH MUCH LOVE & ADMIRATION ... Lori Lapadura

ScoutsGirl

Post by ScoutsGirl » Fri May 21, 2010 11:32 pm

(11:25 EST update)
Many of us have NOT been able to access the FB Link we had previously been communicating through regarding Amber, for the past couple of hours now. I don't know if everyone was able to be notified that both Amber & Joe (the pilot) had actually touched down or not, but I just wanted to post this on here in case you should check this, JOE (Or anyone else interested). Will check it again in the morning... WITH MUCH <3 ~ Lori Lapadura

glacier

Post by glacier » Sat May 22, 2010 3:48 pm

Is Amber now in Arizona? Thank you Joe and all of those involved in Amber's rescue and flight. You've touched the hearts of many. Please post photos! Thanks. Lynn in Idaho

annbridges

Post by annbridges » Sat May 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Lynn...Joe flew Amber safely to AZ and she is home there now with him and his wife, Kim! Please check the photos he's posted on his page (JOE RADFORD) - they're beautiful ... and there is even a video on his page of them flying out, it will make you cry happy tears for Amber! JOE IS A LIFESAVER!!! Ann

glacier

Post by glacier » Sat May 22, 2010 5:17 pm

So glad to hear she is safe and with Joe and his wife. I've been looking through the site and Flickr and have not found the photos and video. You say they are on "his page"; what page are you referring to? Lynn

Joe Radford

Post by Joe Radford » Sun May 23, 2010 10:47 am

Hello everyone… I just logged in and saw the comments and concern. Amber is at our home and is doing very well all things considered. Kim and I spent sevel hours bathing and grooming her right after I got back to Phoenix. Her hair was matted something terrible. I’m sure she must feel much better now that we cut off that mess and got her cleaned up. We introduced her to our other dogs last night (all seniors also) and she really sprung to life. At her age, I’m sure she won't be around much longer and she has been through so much that Kim and I are going to adopt her and see that she is happy for her remaining time on this earth. She sole our hearts!

Thanks to everyone who helped get Amber saved and for the nice comments that were posted here!

Since it was requested, here are a few links. The first one is an album with pictures I took at El Monte airport. Next is an album with pictures I took after getting back to Phoenix and giving her a makeover. The last one is a youtube video put together by Ric, a nice man who pulled Amber from the shelter and brought her to me at the airport and took care of so many other details.

Joe Radford

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 014356139c
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 0487f87eaa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi67Z4OQu4Q