Cancelled14mo M GWP Foster to Forever HOme!!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
WirehairRescue

Cancelled14mo M GWP Foster to Forever HOme!!

Post by WirehairRescue » Wed May 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Mac is in Waxhaw NC closest airpot N52 ( Jaars Townsend) and we would like to move him to the Washington DC Metro area for his adoptive home. I know DC is a pain to fly over, so I can drive anymore in northern VA. If you have space and are flying this way, please consider bring this guy along. He's around 60lbs. He will come with a harness or crate if preferred. We might also have another dog moving to his forever home from the same location . . .please help!!

Thanks!!!
Attachments
MAC3.jpg
MAC3.jpg (184.03 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Last edited by WirehairRescue on Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Seawolf

Re: 14mo M GWP Foster to Forever HOme!!

Post by Seawolf » Wed May 26, 2010 5:32 pm

I need to see how another flight(s) I've spoken for turn out for scheduling purposes, but if weather cooperates, I can hopefully get this guy around my potential other flight before my plane goes down for the annual. I'm based at W00, Bowie, MD....about 20-30 mins from rockville depending on beltway traffic.

If a crate will make it through the door of my plane, I'd prefer that route due to the 'fun' I had with the last GWP I flew.

Steve
N73SD

WirehairRescue

Post by WirehairRescue » Wed May 26, 2010 5:59 pm

thanks!!
will a large crate fit? let me know the days you're thinking about.
can i meet you and send a crate down with you potentially?

Seawolf

Post by Seawolf » Wed May 26, 2010 6:20 pm

A crate big enough for the dog to me comfortable in, likely wouldn't fit through the door of the airplane...so it would likely need to be on the smaller size for a dog of this size and he'd have to be a little bit cramped for the duration of the flight. Though especially if you can meet and send a crate down, we can test if the thing fits and if not fallback to a harness. I have one, though as I recall, the GWP tends to be a very deep chested breed and we had trouble getting the harness on the last time before we had to resort to stuffing the dog into a crate at an unplanned stop.

Depending on weather and what happens with the other transports, it could be as early as this weekend (to include memorial day)....though the other transport has first dips on this weekend so may be next sat/sun weather permitting.

Steve
N73SD

Seawolf

Post by Seawolf » Thu May 27, 2010 9:08 pm

It's looking like my other flight is going to be delayed likely until monday due to tstorms in the carolinas so at this point, it's looking like next weekend (6/5, 6/6) is earliest I can take him.

Steve
N73SD

WirehairRescue

Post by WirehairRescue » Fri May 28, 2010 1:56 am

Steve,

That sounds awesome! Keep me updated and THANK YOU!!

Seawolf

Post by Seawolf » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:06 pm

Doesn't look like weather is going to cooperate this weekend. T-storms in forecast and I really don't want to be dodging cells. My plane is going in for annual on monday so I'm not sure when I'll be back flying.

Steve
N73SD

WirehairRescue

Post by WirehairRescue » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:29 pm

No worries!! I appreciate the offer!! I will repost!

WirehairRescue

Post by WirehairRescue » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:30 pm

No worries!! I appreciate the offer!! I will repost!

GaryS
Zip Code: 80134
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAPA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: STILL NEEDED!!14mo M GWP Foster to Forever HOme!!

Post by GaryS » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:29 pm

IF you could get the dog to Lynchburg, VA, I could fly down from my base at Ft. Meade, MD and bring him back On Friday, June 11th. Ft. Meade is about a 30 minute drive from Rockville if traffic allows.
Harness would be needed, as a large crate would not fit in my airplane. Let me know if this would help.

I can also fly on Saturday, June 12th.

I'm now booked for another PnP flight on Saturday.

Gary S.
Last edited by GaryS on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary S.
Daylight VFR Only