Done! Deaf Aussie Puppy from Clayton, NC to Morgantown, WV

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
jeremiclark

Done! Deaf Aussie Puppy from Clayton, NC to Morgantown, WV

Post by jeremiclark » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 am

Edited: We are trying to move the puppy to Morgantown, WV this weekend and then the following weekend try to move him up to Canada. If you can help drive him, please let me know. If that is too far, we can try to find drivers to do the rest.

Thank you!

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I usually do ground transports for the Australian Shepherd Rescue and Australian Cattle Dog rescues I foster for. I have flown a few dogs up north with one of our volunteers too. I need help moving a 6 week old deaf puppy from NC to Canada. I have asked our volunteer if he can fly the pup from Smithfield, NC airport to somewhere up north. I am waiting to hear back from him as to when he can do this and how far he can go. I am hoping to find someone that would be willing to help fly the puppy the rest of the way. I saw there are a lot of pilots up the east coast. The puppy will be going with a health certificate.

Thank you!
Last edited by jeremiclark on Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Deaf Aussie Puppy from Clayton, NC to Morgantown, WV

Post by DJK3737T » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Six weeks seems awfully young. Are there additional concerns specific to moving a pup this age?

I am probably unavailable this weekend but might be able to do it if it's postponed until the following weekend.

-- DJK

jeremiclark

Re: Deaf Aussie Puppy from Clayton, NC to Morgantown, WV

Post by jeremiclark » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:22 pm

For some reason, my post didn't post earlier. Maybe I hit something else.

Anyway, I do not know if it is ok to fly a young puppy. I have asked around and been told yes. I know I have seen human babies on planes but not sure what their age limit is either.