***DONE, THANK YOU!!***Rescue dog dumped in CO

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

***DONE, THANK YOU!!***Rescue dog dumped in CO

Post by Liza007 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:23 am

Becca was adopted from Michigan GSP Rescue 7/12 years ago to who they thought was a lovely family.

Well, relocating to Denver, the family took Becca with them quite some time ago. IMAGINE OUR SURPRISE WHEN THE LONGMONT ANIMAL SHELTER CALLED TO SAY THAT THEY HAVE BECCA!!!

Apparently, Becca was picked up as a stray and the adoptive family was notified, not only did they refuse to come and pick her up, but Becca has been injured in the process! She tore her ACL :(

The microchip revealed to the shelter that she was a rescue, so thankfully, Michigan folks were notified of her situation!

Becca needs to get back to rescue in Michigan ASAP so that she can receive the medical treatment she needs

I have broken this down to 3 legs (flexible of course)

LMO~GRI (Longmont, CO- Grand Island, NE) <317NM>
GRI~MLI (Grand Island, NE- Quad City, IL) <354NM>
MLI~OZW (Quad City, IL- Flint, MI) <300NM>

Please if you can help (we are on borrowed time) let me know your availability and the leg you wish to pick up. Posting here is helpful as others will be able to 'see' it.

As I don't always receive notification of responses here, please email me as well at [email protected] and refer to 'Becca' in the subject line

Thank you all so much for your assistance, and thank you all for choosing rescue.

Liz
(overtired volunteer)
[email protected]
Last edited by Liza007 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Rescue dog dumped in CO~needs to get back ASAP (3 legs)

Post by Liza007 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:04 pm

yes, we are working together on Becca.. Kim had contacted me for help, but I hadn't seen that she had her posted!

Thank you so very much for letting me know :)

Meanwhile.. don't suppose you can help our girl?