Cancelled-Pensacola, FL 32501 to Columbia, SC 29201

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
diamondjoh

Cancelled-Pensacola, FL 32501 to Columbia, SC 29201

Post by diamondjoh » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:54 pm

My name is Paula Fike, and I am a volunteer transport coordinator for the Col. Potter Cairn Rescue Network. Col. Potter is a 501c3 non-profit and can be visited at http://www.cairnrescue.com. I am trying to move a Cairn from Pensacola, FL to the foster home in Columbia, SC. We would appreciate any help you can offer in transporting this Cairn. I have a ground person that will deliver her to the airport of your choosing. All of our Cairns travel in crates with harness and vet papers. Cairns weigh on the average around 15 to 19 pounds, This can be broken into legs and the foster home will pick up near Columbia, SC. If there is another route possibility/suggestion I will search for ground support in that area.
Many thanks in advance for your consideration of helping this Cairn get to the safety of their foster home. Paula
Last edited by diamondjoh on Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pilotbrett

Re: Pensacola, FL 32501 to Columbia, SC 29201

Post by pilotbrett » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:58 am

I might be able to provide transport from SAV to Columbia depending on dates etc...

Brett
C172M

diamondjoh

Post by diamondjoh » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Brett,
I tried to post a response earlier but I do not know where in cyber space it went to. Sorry! I am trying to get my dog over to at least Jacksonville, FL on Friday and hoping an early Sat ride up towards Savannah. Of coure, all of this would depend on the dates you would be free to fly. Do you know when you might be available to do this? Thanks, Paula

pilotbrett

Post by pilotbrett » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Paula,

Hum - Saturday is a possibility for me but have to look at the weather and my other obligations (need to discuss with my wife tonight).

Brett

diamondjoh

Post by diamondjoh » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Sure thing, keep me posted. Thanks, Paula

pilotbrett

Post by pilotbrett » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:11 pm

Paula,

I'd love to say it's a sure thing for me Saturday but the weather is somewhat iffy for me. Probably ok with some pop up thunderstorms but to fully commit is very hard. I don't want you to make all the moves and coordination based on my guarantee as the weather is a dynamic thing. Let me know what your ultimate plan is and I will keep checking on weather etc...

B