Two war heroes Rufus and Target reunite with their soldier..

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
annamaria05

Two war heroes Rufus and Target reunite with their soldier..

Post by annamaria05 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:20 am

Dear Pilots,
Thank you to all of you have responded for our Puppy Rescue Mission especially those on short notice. Alph our first dog flys in today thanks to pilot Jerry in NJ. I have another mission for you angels, Rufus and Target fly into JFK International within the next few weeks unsure of the exact date at this time but they need transport to Atlanta, GA where they will reunite with Sargeant Christopher Duke whose life was personally saved by both Rufus and Target by attacking a suicide bomber that entered the barracks and alerting the troops. We do have a ride to Caldwell airport in NJ where it is much easier to fly in and out of. We are truly thankful that we have raised enough money to get them to the states but now we need help in getting them to their safe loving home. Please contact me for more information, I can't thank you all enough for the amazing work you do.

Best Regards,
Anna Maria Cannan

flypiper

Re: Two war heroes Rufus and Target reunite with their soldier..

Post by flypiper » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:14 am

AnnaMarie--
Size of dogs? Day of week you want them flown? I can take them (depending upon sizes of crates) from Greenwood Lake Airport in NJ for about 150 miles, so you would need someone to meet me further south.

Could you post the info here so everyone does not have the same questions?

Linda

annamaria05

Post by annamaria05 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:24 am

We are thinking Rufus is about 70 lbs and Target is about 50 lbs. They are arriving in large dog crates. Target may be coming to Maine depending on if she is pregnant or not so we are waiting on that. Rufus will for sure need a ride to Georgia where he will be living out the rest of his doggy life. Thank for responding, I hope we can find a pilot further south to help bring him closer to Georgia.

flypiper

Post by flypiper » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:24 pm

I may be able to fit Target (the smaller) in my plane....depends upon the size of the crate.

Linda

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by deeogee1 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:09 pm

J. Keith Decker

Post by J. Keith Decker » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi Anna Maria, Couple of questions: What breed are they? Do they have up to date vet papers? Sounds like Rufus will need ride 1st? Depending on size of crate, he may need a secure harness and leash that can be attached to back seat. Some crates just won't fit. If you can get him to Rock Hill SC. (just SW of Charlotte, NC) I can get him to Atlanta. As for all our flights, weather is always a factor, but this sounds like it will be some time before final date is arrived at. Let me know. I'd be honored to help this soldier be reunited with his buddy!! Keith

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No

Post by deeogee1 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:49 pm

Another article & video http://www.northjersey.com/news/9967856 ... lcome.html

What a great story!! :D Thanks to all who helped get these dogs home.

tmagno
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes

Post by tmagno » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:47 am

J. Keith Decker wrote:Hi Anna Maria, Couple of questions: What breed are they? Do they have up to date vet papers? Sounds like Rufus will need ride 1st? Depending on size of crate, he may need a secure harness and leash that can be attached to back seat. Some crates just won't fit. If you can get him to Rock Hill SC. (just SW of Charlotte, NC) I can get him to Atlanta. As for all our flights, weather is always a factor, but this sounds like it will be some time before final date is arrived at. Let me know. I'd be honored to help this soldier be reunited with his buddy!! Keith
Linda - if you could extend your leg to either SHD (Shenandoah, Weyer's Cave, VA) or W13 (Eagle's Nest, Fishersville, VA), then I can fly leg 2 from VA to Rock Hill, NC depending upon date, and weather, where then Kieth can take the final leg to Atlanta. From Greenwood Lake, NJ to SHD is about 250 miles direct and about 2+45 in a C172. Agree with Keith - I am honored to help! I can take either or both dogs, but without the crates - I will be using a C172 and will need to harness one or both of them into the back seat - if they cannot travel in that kind of proximity to each other, then only one dog, presumably Rufus will go?
Tom
CDR, US NAVY RETIRED

annamaria05

COMPLETED, THANK YOU!

Post by annamaria05 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:24 am

Flight is COMPLETED. Thank you!!