**DONE**THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! FSD-MCK-BJC-DRO-SDL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

**DONE**THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! FSD-MCK-BJC-DRO-SDL

Post by Liza007 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:11 pm

Yup, it's me again!

Some of you are familiar with me already, but for those who are not, I am a volunteer with National German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue living in Massachusetts. Through the course of events, I have become a 'go to' person for transports of shelter dogs via PilotsNPaws. Not only with my rescue friends, but with some of the pilots that send other requests to me.

I guess it's because I have been somewhat successful in moving dogs where they need to be across the country. Thanks of course to you guys :)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7500

National German Shorthaired Pointer Rescue and her sister rescues have requested that I assist in moving dogs out of Sioux Falls area. These dogs are a result of a puppy mill bust that occurred not long ago in that area.. there are 42 dogs going to all corners of the lower 48 AND Canada is taking 4 or so. Dogs were seized by the humane society and have been socialized and handled. Pilots have reported that all prior dogs have been sweet and lovable and a DREAM to transport (better than most humans they've flown)

HERE WITH 2 TO RESCUES:

Proposed route (flexible of course)
FSD~MCK (Sioux Falls, SD- McCook, NE) <268NM>
MCK~BJC (McCook, NE- Denver, CO) <210NM>
BJC~DRO (Denver, CO- Durango, CO <206NM>
continue with one dog:
DRO~SDL (Durango, CO- Scottsdale, AZ) <294NM>

DATES ARE FLEXIBLE BASED ON PILOTS AVAILABILITY AS SUCH, IF YOU CAN TAKE A LEG (even if someone has stepped forward, could you please respond? Again, there are 42 dogs seeking rescue out of this area)

These dogs will be wearing harnesses so that they may be tethered in the back seats, they will be traveling with health certificates (per D.O.T. regulations)
I RECOMMEND PILOTS HAVE AT LEAST 1 CRATE, THESE ARE ADULT MALES THAT ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH EACH OTHER
veterinary records
food for contingency (on the off chance a leg is grounded if one pilot can't do the whole route) and perhaps a toy or two (we sent them to the triage center when the humane society seized them) Average weight would be 60# per dog.

Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated. Not going to be able to sleep if I don't try right?

As I do not always receive notification of mail here, please reply to [email protected] and refer to Sioux Falls-SCOTTSDALE, AZ in the subject line (as you can imagine, my inbox is a nightmare!)

Thank you so much for your consideration and thank you for choosing rescue
Liz Bondarek
NGSPR Volunteer
[email protected]

Just for fun.. although not all the photos are in and I don't always get them!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxHXndCe ... _embedded#!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pro ... 9&v=photos