FILLED***San Antonio to Clanton,AL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
nharris

FILLED***San Antonio to Clanton,AL

Post by nharris » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:53 pm

I recently posted a request for a transport from San Antonio, TX to DC/MD/VA area. I found ground transportation from AL to MD so all I need is to find transportation from TX to AL (Clanton, Cullman, Montgomery or Birmingham). If anyone is flying that way next week, please let me know! I have a 1 1/2 year old English/French bulldog mix who I am adopting and he needs to be picked up by next week so it is pretty urgent and very last minute. He has a great temperament, etc. If someone is able to help, please respond to this post, or email me at [email protected] and I can give more information regarding the exact address, etc.

Thank you

Natalie Harris
Last edited by nharris on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

greydog34a

Re: San Antonio to Clanton, Birmingham,Montgomery or Cullman, AL

Post by greydog34a » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:28 pm

Natalie if there is a pilot who can meet me near Lake Charles, Beaumont, etc I can take over from there to AL as I am based out of New Orleans.

Thanks,
Chuck

nharris

Post by nharris » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Chuck
Last edited by nharris on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nharris

Post by nharris » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Chuck,

If I can coordinate for you and the other pilot to get him from TX to Lake Charles, and Lake Charles, LA to AL, worse case, I will drive and meet you in AL if I can't make the ground transportation part work, or I will post another plea to get him from AL to somewhere closer. THANK YOU and let me know what day/time so I can let the other pilot know! And also which location/airport in AL.

Natalie

nharris

Post by nharris » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Chuck,

The other pilot said early Weds, or all day Thurs works for him as well as fri night and sat am. If Thurs works for you, I think Thurs would be best, but obviously I can work with either days, and hopefully any of these times frames works for you. Sorry to bombard you with so many messages. I am just trying to get something settled so I can let the rescue org know so I can be sure that they can have him at the airport & ready when he needs to be. Does he need to be crated? Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!

Natalie

greydog34a

Post by greydog34a » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:54 am

Natalie,

The best day(s) for me is Friday or Saturday. I might be able to do Thursday if push comes to shove but that would mean having to take a day off work. For the other pilot I would say use KUXL (Southland Field) which is just west of Lake Charles. This is a really nice airport that I have used in the past. The FBO is Southland aviation.

For Alabama there are 2 airports we can use. KEET (Shelby county) which I have been to a long time ago but don't think much has changed. The other airport is 02A (Chilton county) which I have not been to. If you go to www.airnav.com and click on airports and put in the identifier (KEET or 02A) you can get information on these airports and where they are located. Not sure where you are located so I will let you choose the airport that is easiest for you.

As for the crate if the animal rides good in a car then they will be fine in the plane so I have no requirements. Just a leash and collar so that we can walk the dog before the flight. If they don't ride good in a car then a kennel should be added. As well any paperwork you have would need to be included as well. I would recommend that you do not feed the dog the morning of the flight as flying can some times upset their stomach.

You can reach me at [email protected] or on my mobile (281-352-7312). Please pass this along to the other pilot as well so that we can coordinate if needed.

Thanks
Chuck