DoneUPDATE!!!Indianapolis, Indiana 46241 to Albany, NY 12211

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
daniellenorcutt

Re: Indianapolis, Indiana 46241 to Albany, NY 12211

Post by daniellenorcutt » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:37 pm

I can transport the pups from Indy to Columbus on Tues, Wed, Sat, or Sunday of this week. Whatever day that works best is fine, just wanting to get this injured pup to medical care as quick as possible because of the spinal injury. There are only 2 dogs that need transport. Thanks so much for everyone's help! Danielle Norcutt

Angel's Gate

Post by Angel's Gate » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:35 am

Good morning All,
I can be available to pick up puppy / or puppies any time any place. Getting treatment and care ASAP can be crucial to the out come for Lily. Thank you all for helping to pull this together.
Susan
Founder/Director
Angel's Gate
Hospice & Rehabilitation Home for Animals
http://www.angelsgate.org
510 Archie Elliot Rd
Delhi, NY 13753
607-746-9211

Angel's Gate

Post by Angel's Gate » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:34 am

So far all pilots I have called are committed for this weekend
Susan
Founder/Director
Angel's Gate
510 Archie Elliot Rd
Delhi, NY 13753
607-746-9211

Angel's Gate

Post by Angel's Gate » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:45 pm

I addition I just received a desperate call from a woman in Columbus Ohio this morning. She has 4 six week old puppies that need to be transported to Angel's Gate ASAP. They all have mega esophagus and need immediate medical and nursing care. The four weigh 17 lbs in total. There was a 5th puppy who died this morning so it is imperative that they get life saving surgery.

Carol - Thank you for the info regarding ground transport. I am new to this board so I am still feeling my way around. If you have any suggestions to get all these animal here please let me know. My staff are here from 7:30 till 3:30 It is difficult for me to leave here after those hours but I will if necessary

Susan
Founder/Director
Angel's Gate
510 Archie Elliot Rd
Delhi, NY 13753
607-746-9211

Angel's Gate

Post by Angel's Gate » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi All
Just got an email from a pilot who may be able to do a Columbus- Oneonta run on Thurs morning. Will get more info this evening and keep you all posted
Susan
Founder/Director
Angel's Gate
510 Archie Elliot Rd
Delhi, NY 13753
607-746-9211

Jamie Hatfield

Post by Jamie Hatfield » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:49 pm

I will bring the Lab puppy to Danielle first thing tomorrow. I will leave at a split second notice if I need to before that! DOES ANYONE NEED A CRATE. We have extra's. Just let us know before tomorrow morning!

Our pilot taking him to Rochester will pick him up from Oneonta! We may take you up on your offer to foster him for a bit till our pilot can pick him up, although it seems as if the way this is falling together, times may also work out perfect.

msankaran
Zip Code: 14226
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KIAG
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by msankaran » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:54 pm

Susan, Danielle, Jamie,

I am available to fly the dogs from Columbus to Oneonta on Sunday. It looks like you may have a pilot who can make the trip on Thursday. I hope that works out. If it does not, please contact me immediately either by posting here or by emailing me directly. Thanks.

Mahesh
Mahesh, IFR
KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY)

daniellenorcutt

Post by daniellenorcutt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:03 pm

Thanks to everyone involved with this transport, and those that offered to help!!! I believe that the puppies were picked up at 10:30am in Heath, OH by Scott. Susan from Angel's Gate assured me that she will call with a confirmation of the pups arrival. Thanks again for your caring hearts and patience needed to get this mission accomplished! Danielle Norcutt

daniellenorcutt

Re: UPDATE!!!Indianapolis, Indiana 46241 to Albany, NY 12211

Post by daniellenorcutt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:40 pm

Was just informed that puppies arrived at Angel's Gate a little bit ago!!! All are doing well . The plane arrived in New York around 2pm, then all went directly to receive medical care. The filming crew for the upcoming documentary regarding Angel's Gate also witnessed and taped their events today! Special thanks to Susan, Angel Gate, our pilot Scott, and all the devoted volunteers along the way. These little pup's lives will be forever changed by your generous efforts!!!!
Eternally grateful, Danielle Norcutt

Angel's Gate

Re: DoneUPDATE!!!Indianapolis, Indiana 46241 to Albany, NY 12211

Post by Angel's Gate » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:54 pm

On wings of Angels..........
I am happy to report that all is well at Angel's Gate Hospice & Rehabilitation Home for Animals. Our new charges spent the day settling in and meeting their new family. All seem to be delighted with their new home and love their raw food diet.
What an incredible day we all had. Pilots Scott and Nick, transported 7 animals- 6 dogs and a cat -from three states, to Angel's Gate so that they could receive much needed medical care.
This just goes to show you what can be accomplished when we work together to get things done.
Deb thank you for heading up a great organization. You make it possible for us to do what we do!
Scott and Nick you are our heroes our guardian angels. I can not thank you enough for all you have done.

This story was written about in today's Daily Star:

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x2418 ... qus_thread

We can mark this transport "Mission Accomplished"

NAMASTE
Susan