DoneUPDATE!!!Indianapolis, Indiana 46241 to Albany, NY 12211

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
daniellenorcutt

DoneUPDATE!!!Indianapolis, Indiana 46241 to Albany, NY 12211

Post by daniellenorcutt » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi, my name is Danielle Norcutt, and I have a special needs 7wk old St. Bernard puppy with a spinal-cord injury that needs to get from Indianapolis, IN to Albany, NY ASAP!!!!!! She is 5 lbs and wears a diaper. She is going to Angel's Gate Hospice and Home for special needs pets where she will receive the life-saving surgery that she needs and a great forever home. The sooner we get her there, the better chance she has. We can send her to JFK or LGA if it is more convenient for the pilot, or send her out from Louisville, Ky if needed. Her name is Lilly. Please respond to post, e-mail [email protected],or call 765-341-1457. Thank you and God bless.
Last edited by daniellenorcutt on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jamie Hatfield

Re: Indianapolis, Indiana 46241 to Albany, NY 12211

Post by Jamie Hatfield » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:01 pm

We would love to share this ride if we are able to. We have been trying to get a puppy to New Hampshire (However the adopters will happily travel to Albany to pick him up) for 2 weeks. All transports have fallen through.

He is 15 pounds and is 12 weeks old. He will have a carrier, unless it is easier for the pilot to provide theirs. He is a very mellow angel also, please let us know when to have him in Indianapolis (if we can share a ride). Neutered, Vaccinated, health certificate, bordatella, Yellow Lab/Husky. Thank you.

Jaymeey Hatfield
Theothersideofthefence.org,
A Poplar Bluff animal rescue
573-686-7551
[email protected]

msankaran
Zip Code: 14226
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KIAG
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by msankaran » Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:51 pm

If we could find two other pilots to fly from Indianapolis to Columbus, OH and then from Olean, NY to Oneonta, NY, we could probably take all three of the dogs that need to go either to Angel's Gate or to Albany in one plane, since they are all pretty small.

Mahesh
Mahesh, IFR
KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY)

Angel's Gate

Post by Angel's Gate » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:24 am

Good morning Mahesh,
Thank you for your timely response in offering transport to 7 week old 5 lbs St. Bernard puppy from Indianapolis to Oneonta. ( I noticed that it says Albany in subject but is it possible to go to Oneonta 13820) The vet the puppy will be seeing is in Oneonta and Albany is a 1 and half hour drive from here. As I am sure you know that with spinal injuries time is of the essence.

I just spoke to Danielle in Indianapolis (765-341-1457) and she is able to transport both dogs from Indianapolis, IN to Columbus Ohio tomorrow or Wednesday, if that is doable for you.
Thank you so much for your kind offer.
Namaste,
Susan
Founder/Director
Angel's Gate
Hospice & Rehabilitation Home for Animals
http://www.angelsgate.org
510 Archie Elliot Rd
Delhi, NY 13753
607-746-9211

Jamie Hatfield

Post by Jamie Hatfield » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:11 pm

Thank you to everyone who is trying to get this 7 week old St. Bernard to help! Also, thank you for letting us tag along! I will be glad Danielle to split the cost of gas with you to get to Columbus. I am coming from 6 1/2 hours away and will need at least 8 hours notice to leave, so please keep me updated. Thank you.
[email protected] 573-686-7551

dougolmstead

Post by dougolmstead » Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Hello,

I see you have some activity here and may not need me. But.... I am flying from Columbus, to Rhode Island on 08-03. I would be able to drop off whatever destination you need if you able to get the pup to Columbus. Please email me if you are still in need.

Doug
[email protected]

msankaran

Post by msankaran » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Doug,
If you are flying to Rhode Island, you may be a better bet than I, since I don't think I can get the dogs all the way to Oneonta. I was hoping to transport the dogs to Olean and then get another pilot to take them from Olean to Oneonta.
Mahesh
Mahesh, IFR
KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY)

Angel's Gate

Post by Angel's Gate » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Thank you all for your interest. Because this puppy has a spinal injury that needs treatment ASAP the sooner we can get the dog here the better. Jamie I would be happy to keep your puppy with me at Angel's Gate until family can get her. There is a pilot in Oneonta who may be able to do the Orlene Oneonta leg. If that does not work I can drive the 2 hours to pick them up. I believe Danielle said her days off are Wens and Sunday. If Sunday works we can plan this for Sunday July 25 if that works for Mahesh. If Sat is better Danielle can you switch your days off and get dogs to Colunbus on Sat??
Again thank you all for your efforts.
Namaste
Susan
Founder?Director
Angel's Gate Hospice & Rehabilitation Home for Animals
www.angelsgate.org
607-746-9211

msankaran

Post by msankaran » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Olean to Oneonta is 226 miles according to Google maps. Susan, it would be great if you can find a pilot in Oneonta who can do the Olean to Oneonta leg. If not, let me see what I can do. I should be able to fly this weekend; I don't know yet whether it will be Saturday or Sunday. I should know tomorrow. I thought there were three posts originally for three different dogs, but I only see two dogs now in the posts: the St. Bernard and the Lab. Is there a third dog? I will need a carrier or small crate for each of them.

Mahesh
Mahesh, IFR
KIAG (Niagara Falls, NY)

Jamie Hatfield

Post by Jamie Hatfield » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 pm

We have a carrier for the lab puppy. No problem, we can provide a carrier for the St. Bernard pup if we need to. We have a pilot who will fly him out of LaGuardia/JFK/Newark/Teterboro/Baltimore/Buffalo/Syracuse or any airport near these locales, and deliver him direct to Rochester, NH on either Saturday afternoon or Sunday. They are also available Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

As far as I know there are not three dogs. Only the 15 pound lab puppy and 5 pound St. Bernard puppy.
Please keep me updated. Thank you !!

Wednesday or Sunday would best for us, however we can definately arrange for saturday.
Last edited by Jamie Hatfield on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.