3/kill shelter-Chatsworth/Atlanta, GA Greenville, SC *CANCEL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MuttsMom

3/kill shelter-Chatsworth/Atlanta, GA Greenville, SC *CANCEL

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:26 am

This smooth coat border collie is scheduled to die Thursday, but a rescue has stepped up and said she'd take him (I knew she was a suck for the smoothes :D ) Approx. 25-30 pounds and will have a heart certificate. If anyone can help, please e-mail me or I'll check this board. The shelter won't hold more then a couple of days after a rescue had commited to taking one, but they won't know until tonight, so that will get us through the weekend, knowing most of you can only/prefer weekend trip. Thanks
Last edited by MuttsMom on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MuttsMom

Re: IN kill shelter-Chatsworth/Atlanta, GA - Greenville, SC

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:06 pm

Sorry to bump, but with her still in the shelter, I don't want to hear another, ooops, because they put down the wrong dog. Thanks

MuttsMom

Re: 3/kill shelter-Chatsworth/Atlanta, GA Greenville, SC *UPDATE

Post by MuttsMom » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:57 am

Now there are 3 Border Collies in the same kill shelter that have rescue and we need to get them to Greenville, SC.

Thanks

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:11 pm

25-35 pounds per dog and absolutely no aggression issues, just great, happy poochs (not sure how happy the are being in a shelter, but you know what I mean :D )

UpstateFlyer

Post by UpstateFlyer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Nancy,

3 dogs would be a little crowded in the plane, but I could meet someone by car about halfway which would be around Gainesville, GA. Saturday (tomorrow) afternoon.

John

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:48 pm

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your kind offer. Unfortuately the shelter volunteer comes up from Atlanta and back to Atlanta and won't do anyway off that path. Let me do some checking and I'll get back with you soon. Thanks again

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi John,

I called the rescue in Piedmont about meeting you tomorrow afternoon. She has he cell turned ott, but she has to have those spinal injections (OUCH) and I'm sure she had to. I left her a message and an e-mail, but I feel certain this will work. I'll let you know 100% when I talk to Phyllis. Thanks so much for offering to drive these 3 to safety.

They are in Chatsworth. I'm not sure where you at, but will Chatsworth work better for you or Atlanta?

UpstateFlyer

Post by UpstateFlyer » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:20 pm

I hope I have not confused this, I can pick the dogs up in or near Gainesville after lunch and bring them back to Piedmont, SC. I delivered to the guys in Piedmont before.

John

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:29 pm

That would be great John. The rescue that's taking these 3 is going to have to board them until they get a couple adopted. She just couldn't stand the thought of them being put down and the boarding facility closes at noon. We're putting our heads together (I know, scary thought) and figure something out. Thank you both SO much!!!! I'll let you know ASAP tonight. Thanks again

MuttsMom

3/kill shelter-Chatsworth/Atlanta, GA Greenville, SC *UPDATE

Post by MuttsMom » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:12 am

Please ignore the fact I'm an idiot sometimes. I misunderstood what John was saying. John is going to drive the 3 dogs from Gainesville, GA to Piedmont, SC. What I need now if transport from Chatsworth, GA or if you're in Atlanta, the shelter volunteer will get them to Atlanta, and meeting John in Gainesville, GA. Thanks!!