CANCELLED Lab/Hound URGENT Transport needed ASAP

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
LRRoC

CANCELLED Lab/Hound URGENT Transport needed ASAP

Post by LRRoC » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:33 pm

Labrador Retriever Rescue of Cincinnati, Inc. (LRRoC) needs an URGENT transport from Carrollton OH (dog is currently in Carroll County OH shelter).
Passenger is a young 50-55# female Black Labrador Retriever/Hound blend.
This pound does not hold dogs and she is scheduled to be euthanized. Please help us help her.
Please e-mail to [email protected] (Please understand this is our first posting and we hope we are doing this correctly!)
Last edited by LRRoC on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theskro

Re: Lab/Hound URGENT Transport needed ASAP

Post by theskro » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:49 am

I may be able to help... Can she fly without a crate? I have a low-wing plane with a sliding canopy so I cannot fit a crate that will support a 50# plus dog. I could transport this weekend, weather permitting.

Rob

aospca

Post by aospca » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:04 am

Carrollton has a small airport, I generally use the Harry Clever at New Philadelphia. I'm going to our vet in Belmont County on Friday morning (St. Clairsville). I will be transporting a wildlife critter probably Saturday and could easily meet a pilot there as it is on my way. I'm free most of Sunday, as well. The pooch could receive rabies and health certificate possibly in St. Clairsville at New Horizon Animal Hospital in St. Clairsville, in Carrollton at the Carrollton Animal Hospital or at the Veterinary Outpatient Clinic in Uhrichsville outside of New Philadelphia, providing appointments are available. I'm next door in Harrison County and will be happy to assist, if possible getting the pooch to the airplane. Robin McClelland (Appalachian Ohio SPCA, Inc) 740-945-1379

LRRoC

Post by LRRoC » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:50 am

[email protected] wrote:I may be able to help... Can she fly without a crate? I have a low-wing plane with a sliding canopy so I cannot fit a crate that will support a 50# plus dog. I could transport this weekend, weather permitting.

Rob
Thank you - we are still working on getting her out of the shelter and will get back with you as soon as we know. We appreciate your offer!
LRRoC

LRRoC

Post by LRRoC » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:51 am

aospca wrote:Carrollton has a small airport, I generally use the Harry Clever at New Philadelphia. I'm going to our vet in Belmont County on Friday morning (St. Clairsville). I will be transporting a wildlife critter probably Saturday and could easily meet a pilot there as it is on my way. I'm free most of Sunday, as well. The pooch could receive rabies and health certificate possibly in St. Clairsville at New Horizon Animal Hospital in St. Clairsville, in Carrollton at the Carrollton Animal Hospital or at the Veterinary Outpatient Clinic in Uhrichsville outside of New Philadelphia, providing appointments are available. I'm next door in Harrison County and will be happy to assist, if possible getting the pooch to the airplane. Robin McClelland (Appalachian Ohio SPCA, Inc) 740-945-1379
I will call you -
Roncy/LRRoC

BrettE
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by BrettE » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:11 pm

Thank you to everyone who offered to help! Someone from Columbus has volunteered to drive up to Carrollton to get this girl. She'll be safe and sound at Labrador Retrieve Rescue of Cincinnati (LRRoC) by this evening!

Thanks!
Brett