DONE

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
LorraineT

DONE

Post by LorraineT » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi I have a Catahoula rescue puppy flying up from Utah to Seattle on August 9th. I'm wondering if anyone could pick up "Tess" the puppy at SEA, let her have a pee, a drink & check her out. Then deliver her to King County Airport for her Pilot N Paw pilot will fly her up to me on Vancouver Island.
Thank you, Lorraine
email [email protected]
Last edited by LorraineT on Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

flyrobinfly
Zip Code: 98059
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBFI
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Rescue puppy from SEA to YCD (Nanaimo) August 9th

Post by flyrobinfly » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi Lorraine,

I can fly the pup out of Boeing Field but the plane does not have a customs sticker for transborder operations, could someone meet me if I were to fly to someplace close to the border, either in the San Juan Islands, or Bellingham or Lynden in Washington?

Let me know!

Thanks,
Robin

chaero
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: CAH3
Distance willing to fly one way: 180

Re: Rescue puppy from SEA to YCD (Nanaimo) August 9th

Post by chaero » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi Lorraine,

Re. previous (off-line) email, just got back from measuring my aircraft and a standard kennel of the two-shells-bolted-together type, will fit in either the back or front when taken apart. The puppy could then ride either in the baggage area behind the seats or in the right seat, the clear area in the latter is about 14x20in. She would have to be restrained of course, but that shouldn't be a problem, it is done for most larger dogs when not traveling in a carrier.

If Robin (post above) is still willing to participate, we can split the flight. I'm familiar with both Bellingham and Friday Harbor, both have fuel and US customs and either would work for me.

Chris
Chris Hansen
:plane: Sidewinder C-GCSW
CAH3 Courtenay, BC
Mobile 250.702.7403

flyrobinfly
Zip Code: 98059
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBFI
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Rescue puppy transfer from SEA to King County Airport

Post by flyrobinfly » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 pm

Chris, would be pleased to split the flight with you...just let me know which airport you'd prefer.

Thanks,
Robin

LorraineT

Post by LorraineT » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Hi Chris & Robin,

I am booking the flight for monday, August 9th, she'll leave SLC on Delta Airline #3092 @9:53 arrives SEA @ 11:05. I'm pretty sure she's released from cargo at noon.
I'm just waiting for someone in Seattle who can do the transfer from Delta cargo to King County Airport (Boeing).
I will let you know as I get the dominos all set up.
Thank you so much for helping!!It is a great thing that you do!! If I could fly & had a plane, I can't think of a better reason to fly about. :D
Lorraine

chaero
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: CAH3
Distance willing to fly one way: 180

Post by chaero » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:23 am

Thanks Robin,

How about Friday Harbor then? 10nm shorter leg for you and on a more direct route than Bellingham. They have US customs which of course I'll require. Your picking up the first leg will help me quite a bit for I'll be coming out of Courtenay, well to the west of the dog's destination.
Assuming wx is OK for Monday, let's plan on meeting on the west side of the field, at the parking area just south of the fuel station, time TBD. I'll pass you my aircraft details and contact info via PM within the next couple of days.

Chris
Chris Hansen
:plane: Sidewinder C-GCSW
CAH3 Courtenay, BC
Mobile 250.702.7403

LorraineT

Post by LorraineT » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:56 pm

With your help this is all coming together,
I have Robin picking Tess up at King County Airport, Seattle & taking her to Friday Harbour, where she'll be met by Chris who will fly her to Nanaimo, Canada
Yeah, Thank you Pilots N Paws!!!
Lorraine :plane: :D