DONE! Rescued AmStaff needs a lift from Il to NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
HappyChick

DONE! Rescued AmStaff needs a lift from Il to NY

Post by HappyChick » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:11 pm

Draco is a happy AmStaff that has been rescued by Ryley's Run Rescue in Albany, NY. Now we need to get him there from Macomb, IL 61455. Draco weighs in at approx. 65 lbs., is neutered, received his Rabies, UTD on vax. He has a really great disposition. He was spoken for by Donna at Ryley's Run over 6 weeks ago. Delays in transport caused him to stay 4 more weeks in the shelter. We (volunteers) pulled him from the shelter after being told he would be put down since he'd not been physically pulled. Draco has been in a boarding kennel for 2 weeks. One of our volunteers is paying for the boarding which is adding up after two weeks. There is a municipal airport outside of Macomb and their website is: http://www.macombairport.com/.

We would gladly transport Draco to Quincy, the Quad Cities, or Peoria, IL to meet up with a flight. No specific deadline, but the sooner the better!

Thank you!
Angie Ward
Rescue Coordinator
Attachments
Draco-1.jpg
Draco-1.jpg (71.42 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Last edited by HappyChick on Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimbtv

Re: Rescued AmStaff needs a lift from Il to NY

Post by jimbtv » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:07 pm

If we could put together a few flights, I might be able to help on a leg into Albany. I am one hour (by air) north of Albany so I'll already have two hours of commute time to and from Albany. Another six hours (round trip) would get me to Cleveland and back to Albany. So even half way (Cleveland) would total 8 hours in the air for me - 3 for Draco.

We would have to string a few flights together to make this work. Financially it would be unmanageable for one or two legs alone. If some other pilots step up I would be willing to do my part.

HappyChick

Re: DONE! Rescued AmStaff needs a lift from Il to NY

Post by HappyChick » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:54 am

jimtv - thank you for the offer to help Draco!

My colleague found a rescue much closer to us to take Draco since flying him seemed like a very difficult task to put together due to the distance.

jimbtv

Re: DONE! Rescued AmStaff needs a lift from Il to NY

Post by jimbtv » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Excellent!

I am thrilled this turned out well. :D