DONE: Atlanta, GA to Livingston, TN

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
adamnewf2002

DONE: Atlanta, GA to Livingston, TN

Post by adamnewf2002 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:02 am

We have a newf mix (70 lbs) who has been in boarding for 3 weeks now and need to get him to CO. All we need is a pilot to get him from Atl to Livingston, TN where the rest of his trip is set. There will also be a 40 lb cattle dog traveling. All will be up to date on shots with health certs. This is urgent as his boarding bill is adding up fast. Thanks

Sue DeWitt
[email protected]
406-698-6667
Last edited by adamnewf2002 on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jlspence
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Atlanta, GA to Livingston, TN

Post by jlspence » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:23 am

Sue,

I can probably do this flight. When does it need to happen?
Jeff S.
Cessna 172/Huntsville, AL - Moontown Airport (3M5)
VFR Only

adamnewf2002

Post by adamnewf2002 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:37 pm

August 21st is the transport day. I would need to have them in Livingston, TN by 9am so the pilot picking them up there could have them in Dayton, OH by 1pm so they have time to get them to the trucker who is picking them up and taking them the rest of the way.

The cattle dog has a large size crate..a 400 series...would this be too big for your plane. The newf mix is 70 lbs...would a harness be ok for him or would you like/have room for a crate. Thanks so much. You can email me directly at [email protected] or call me at 406-698-6667. Thanks again

Sue

jlspence

Post by jlspence » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:57 pm

Can you or someone measure the dimensions of the crate for the cattle dog?

I was thinking harness for the newf mix.

Since Livingston, TN is on Central Time, 9 am should be OK.

I am a VFR pilot only so any weather problems could cause the flight to be a no-go for me. This could include things like morning fog. To give the mission a greater chance of success, is there any flexibility in the schedule, such as me getting them to Livingston on August 20th, i.e., would there be somewhere for them to overnight. Just trying to think ahead.
Jeff S.
VFR Only

adamnewf2002

Post by adamnewf2002 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:12 pm

I will ask Ann to get dimensions of crate and she will be picking up harness for newf...is this a regular harness or one that you would use like in the car with the seat belts? I will post and see if I can find anyone to hold them Fri nite if need be. Thanks so much Jeff.

Sue

anniernc

Post by anniernc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:20 pm

The dimensions of the crate for the cattle dog are 36L 26W 28H. Which airport do you fly out of ? I live in Fayette county about 25 mins south of Atlanta and I know there are alot of small airports close to me. Just let me know - I can bring them wherever you are. Thanks, Ann

jlspence

Post by jlspence » Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:42 pm

Yes, regular dog seat belt type harness. I fly out of Moontown (3M5) just east of Huntsville, AL. Looking at the airports south of Atlanta and keeping in mind the need to get to Livingston, TN by 9 am, I'd suggest Newnan/Coweta County Airport (KCCO) as the pickup point.
Jeff S.
VFR Only

anniernc

Post by anniernc » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Newnan is great for me. I use to work at the Hospital there - it's only about 26 miles for me. Do you know the address of the airport ? Ann

jlspence

Post by jlspence » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:10 pm

This works for getting directions from Google Maps:

Airport Rd, Newnan, GA 30263
Jeff S.
VFR Only

jlspence

Post by jlspence » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:55 am

anniernc wrote:The dimensions of the crate for the cattle dog are 36L 26W 28H. Which airport do you fly out of ? I live in Fayette county about 25 mins south of Atlanta and I know there are alot of small airports close to me. Just let me know - I can bring them wherever you are. Thanks, Ann
I'll take measurements of the plane today and post back tonight. I've not yet flown a crate that big so I don't know if it will fit or not.
Jeff S.
VFR Only