FILLED Thank you PNP - Salt Lake City, UT - Springfield, OR

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
GetMeTherePlease

FILLED Thank you PNP - Salt Lake City, UT - Springfield, OR

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:09 pm

THANK YOU Pilot Dave W in Portland OR he'll be picking up our boy Higley in SLC, UT on Aug 22 and getting him home. This is such a great relief to Higley's new mom as he has been in the shelter in AZ far too long and has been stressed out as a laid back senior boy he has no idea why he has been locked up. Than he got pulled and went for a car ride and thought all was ok only to be put into a boarding facility last night and it just must have tore him apart it is so hard to explain to these furkids what we are doing for them and that they'll be safe and ARE safe, but it is just taking a little time. With the help of you the pilots though it makes the transports quicker to get them out of "Jail" and home where they can know they are safe and loved again :D I so wish I could see these reunions happen.

Cheryl
Roads of Hope
Animal Rescue Transport Inc
[email protected]

Higley has since been transported up to Salt Lake City UT (Aug 20, 2010) from Flagstaff, AZ as he was not able to stay where he was. Transport is now needed from SLC, UT to Springfield, OR.........

Hi PNP Pilots
This Senior Boy has found himself in the shelter in Flagstaff Arizona and is confused as to why he is there in such a small space for a sweet boy. What he doesn't know is that he has someone up in Oregon that has adopted him and is trying everything to get him to her. She thought she had a ride for him but that has fallen through and she has turned to Roads of Hope for help now I am trying but i have a 10 dog transport in progress and I am really spent on time and coordinating a ground transport is long and time consuming I just do not have the time for that so Higley will have to spend a few more weeks in Flagstaff waiting for ground transport to be arranged. I am hoping a few pilots may be able to assist him so here I am requesting help from you all.

Please let me know if you can help an old guy out ...... Uhmmmmm that would be Higley not me :D

Thank you

Cheryl
Roads of Hope
501(c)3 Organization
512-803-2069
[email protected]
Attachments
Higley 3.jpg
Higley 3.jpg (26.86 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Higley 1.jpg
Higley 1.jpg (24.56 KiB) Viewed 129 times
Last edited by GetMeTherePlease on Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wobo9a

Re: Flagstaff, AZ - Springfield, OR

Post by wobo9a » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:42 am

First post, so please understand if I am doing this wrong. Able to meet a northwest-bound transport within 600 nm of Springfield August 22 or most times after August 28. David Woboril RV9A 503-232-1640 Portland, OR

GetMeTherePlease

Re: Flagstaff, AZ - Springfield, OR

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:41 am

wobo9a wrote:First post, so please understand if I am doing this wrong. Able to meet a northwest-bound transport within 600 nm of Springfield August 22 or most times after August 28. David Woboril RV9A 503-232-1640 Portland, OR
Hi David
No problem. Your posting is fine ;0) They actually moved the dog from Flagstaff, AZ up to Salt Lake City UT last night because he couldn't stay where he was. So now I am having to move him from Salt Lake City, UT to Springfield, OR If your able to still assist after the 28th I'd be grateful for any help. Please let me know

If it is easier to discuss over the phone my number is 512-803-2069

Cheryl
Roads of Hope
[email protected]
Attachments
Higley 2.jpg
Higley 2.jpg (20.84 KiB) Viewed 120 times

wobo9a

Re: Update - Salt Lake City, UT - Springfield, OR

Post by wobo9a » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:12 pm

Cheryl -

I should remain available after the 28th, and I could do the flight tomorrow (Sunday, August 22) if Higley will be in Salt Lake City by then.

David

wobo9a

Post by wobo9a » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:13 pm

Cheryl -

How much does Higley weigh?

David

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:22 pm

wobo9a wrote:Cheryl -

David
Hi Dave

I am told he is 125lbs

GetMeTherePlease

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:36 pm

GetMeTherePlease wrote:
wobo9a wrote:Cheryl -

David
Hi Dave

I am told he is 125lbs

Hi Dave Correction he is about 95lbs sorry about the correction

wobo9a

Re: FILLED Thank you PNP - Salt Lake City, UT - Springfield

Post by wobo9a » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:15 pm

Higley arrived in Springfield, OR at midday today. Got hung up in SLC by weather last night, but had a wonderful flight this morning. Higley was a good passenger. Great first experience.

David

GetMeTherePlease

Re: FILLED Thank you PNP - Salt Lake City, UT - Springfield

Post by GetMeTherePlease » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:11 am

wobo9a wrote:Higley arrived in Springfield, OR at midday today. Got hung up in SLC by weather last night, but had a wonderful flight this morning. Higley was a good passenger. Great first experience.

David

Thanks David
I'm sure glad someone had some turkey breast to entice Higley out of the plane *LOL* also glad the experience was a wonderful one for you thus guarantees you'll stay and do this again "woot woot"

Cheryl
Roads of Hope
Animal Rescue Transport Inc
Attachments
Pilot David and Higley.jpeg
Pilot David and Higley.jpeg (62.74 KiB) Viewed 112 times