DONE!!!! 15+ Tibetan Terriers St Louis, MO to NJ (EWR)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
cmanfredonia

DONE!!!! 15+ Tibetan Terriers St Louis, MO to NJ (EWR)

Post by cmanfredonia » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Secured ground transportation - thank you!!

I need help transporting 15+ Tibetan Terriers from a Puppymill in Missouri - Department of Argriculture is removing them tomorrow Saturday February 7th. I need to get them to NJ for vetting, surgeries and foster homes...these dogs may not have any vetting prior to flight - but rescue is willing to pay for any incidentals involved in any hardships that should arrive

Any NY/NJ and PA airports (bordering NJ) airport is fine - Laguardia, Terterboro, JFK, Phillie, Newark etc....

My name is Camille and I am National Rescue Chair for Tibetan Terrier Rescue - I am out of New Jersey - I can be reached at 908 889-5997 anytime day or night,

Contact in St Louis area will be provided.....
Last edited by cmanfredonia on Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 15+ Tibetan Terriers St Louis, MO to NJ (EWR)

Post by mchutto » Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:28 pm

Are these adults or puppies? I have three adult TTs. The three of them weigh more than 80 lbs. It will be difficult to transport that many adults, crates, etc. in one plane. If they are puppies, it might be doable. These are wonderful dogs. I will be glad to help if I can.

Marty Hutto

cmanfredonia

Post by cmanfredonia » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Hi Marty, I am not sure of the weights yet - I will know more on Monday when they are seized - they will be vetted and will be ready to go on Thursday. I was told the dogs ages range from 7 months to 10 years old - most of them in the 3 - 4 year old age bracket. The last bunch that was rescued from this guy were quite thin - the highest weight being 20 pounds. I know that 15 dogs in one plane may be impossible but I had to try -

ANy help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Camille

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by mchutto » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:47 am

Camille,

St. Louis to Newark is a long haul in a small plane. Unless somebody volunteers with a larger and faster plane who doesn't mind a long trip, it will probably require at least two legs with the dogs handed off at a central meeting point. It could possibly require two trips to move them all. This time of year weather is a big factor that restricts flight planning far in advance, especially in areas of the country where icing can be encountered. It is usually down to two or three days ahead of the planned flight before you get a decent picture of the weather.

So with all that being said, can these dogs be fostered in the St. Louis area for any length of time? Given some time, it might be possible to get some pilots to work together to save these dogs.

Marty