Jamestown (NY) Aviation Company

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

Jamestown (NY) Aviation Company

Postby Jon on Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:22 pm

As pilots we always like to stop at airports where the FBO takes good care of us.

I have been bringing pups to Jamestown NY routinely and the FBO owned and run by Lenny Nalbone has been exceptional. PilotsNpaws almost always gets treated well by FBOs, but Lenny and Jamestown Aviation go far beyond anybody in service.

Yesterday I had a full plane with 15 pups ranging in age from adults down to 10 week old pups. The weather was lousy with a capital L. It was snowing, blowing at 17 with gusts up to 26 and it was cold. On top of that I loaded the plane up with ice on the approach (It's certified for known ice and I have more experience with ice than I would like). Lenny, realizing we would be taking a long time to transfer 15 pups into two cars, and seeing the ice accumulated on areas not protected by the de-ice boots, had his folks open a hangar so we could bring the cars and plane in to a heated area.

The pups were transferred in a warm environment, the ice on the plane fell off, and we were significantly more comfortable as a result of his kind gesture.

If this sounds like advertising, it is. I want all PNP pilots to know Jamestown (NY) Aviation and Lenny are great and if you get a chance to stop there say hi and thank him for his endless support of our efforts.
Jon

Re: Jamestown (NY) Aviation Company

Postby alger on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:59 pm

I found your post interesting. I was there a few weeks ago. Three years later and they are still taking of pilots inthe same helpful and friendly manner.

Dean
Dean
alger

Postby alger on Wed May 29, 2013 4:35 am

I was there again a few weeks ago. they continue to offer a fuel discount for PNP flights.

Dean
Dean
alger

Postby traunero on Wed May 29, 2013 11:02 am

I have been there as well and was treated very nicely.
Rich Traunero
419-937-3899
traunero

Postby BrianR on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:32 am

alger wrote:I was there again a few weeks ago. they continue to offer a fuel discount for PNP flights.

Dean

Interesting. I dropped off a dog there a couple weeks ago, and while they were certainly pleasant, they didn't offer me any fuel discount.
BrianR

Postby alger on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:32 am

I have found that several of the individuals working there are not aware that their company offers a PNPs discount. One quick call to the boss confirms it for them. For some reason it is not listed on their sheet. Of course they may have changed their policy over the past few weeks.
Dean
alger

Return to "Pilot Talk"