COMPASSION Call Sign

A place for pilots to chat and exchange information about their planes, flying, transports, etc....

COMPASSION Call Sign

Postby rmlewisjr on Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:28 pm

What is everyones take on the use of the COMPASSION call sign for a PnP flight. PnP is a member of the Air Care Alliance, but the guidance for the use of the COMPASSION call sign is a little vague for a PnP flight. Thoughts?
Rich
N36AF
Cessna R182
Instrument Rated
rmlewisjr

Re: COMPASSION Call Sign

Postby axmckev on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:25 pm

I read the document from PALS. If you want to read it, its easy to find under 'documents' or something via the PALS site.

I couldn't correlate it for use with animals... at first glance. seeing how my furry passenger flight is not time sensitive, I'd feel weird in my cherokee at 70kts claiming 'compassion'. If I had a hurt dog on a clock I'd simply do it. Time would then be important. Organs, blood, medical tools and supplies can use 'compassion' and they are time sensitive.

keep in mind that the FAA document about it suggests that since its new, not all ATC is aware of it and may reject it. We as pilots must go along with that, even if we are compassion with a human-related flight of PALS.

so no, I won't use it.
axmckev

Re: COMPASSION Call Sign

Postby rmlewisjr on Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:42 pm

You are validating my thoughts, OK for human passengers not so much for animal passengers. Any one else?
Rich
N36AF
Cessna R182
Instrument Rated
rmlewisjr

Return to "Pilot Talk"