27 retired greyhounds OTHER TRANSPORT ARRANGED

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
ecgreyhoundaid

27 retired greyhounds OTHER TRANSPORT ARRANGED

Post by ecgreyhoundaid » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:22 pm

27 retired racing greyhounds have been fully vetted and are ready to go in Birmingham, AL. These dogs are being taken into rescue groups in the DE, MD, NJ, and PA areas. We can arrange our own ground transportation from the aiport to the rescue groups.
Last edited by ecgreyhoundaid on Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 27 retired greyhounds BHM to PHL or BWI

Post by DJK3737T » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:31 pm

That's a LOT of greyhounds....

I may be able to give you a little help with the last leg of this, picking up somewhere in Virginia or North Carolina. I'm familiar with the breed -- my wife and I adopted two brothers after they retired in 1995 -- so I know that my airplane, a four-seater, wouldn't be able to take more than three dogs. Two males wouldn't fit in the back seat, but two females or a male and a female might -- the interior is about the size of that in a 1977 Honda Civic. One more could ride on blankets in the baggage hatch, which shares the same air as the cabin -- the divider is only as high as the seat back.

All of them would need to be harnessed to the seat belts or luggage straps. Let me know if I can be of help.

-- David Kenny
[email protected]