****DONE**** Deaf Dog needs transport 9/12 or sooner please

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

****DONE**** Deaf Dog needs transport 9/12 or sooner please

Post by Liza007 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Steve is a deaf American Bulldog, Pit Bull mix. He's up to date with shots and neutered. He's about a year old and he's in good health.

Steve is sweet and kind, well socialized and currently in foster, however, due to town limit on number of dogs, Steve needs to get to his new foster home in Portland Maine!

The sooner the better as it's hard to place deaf dogs, harder still when rescues are trying to save them all but are limited to town restrictions.

He does not necessarily need a crate, however, transporters should be extra careful as Steve will NOT hear you call for him should he get loose!

As with all deaf dogs, Steve should be approached from the front or from the side so he can acknowledge you're there.

Originating rescue is me Terri with Save A Tail Rescue, Long Island New York

COURTESY POSTED BY ME (LIZ) ALL EMAILS THROUGH 'HERE' WILL BE DIRECTLY COORDINATED WITH TERRI AND MARY AND MYSELF!!!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR DOING WHAT YOU DO!
Last edited by Liza007 on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goodmansba

Re: Deaf Dog needs transport 9/12 or sooner please

Post by goodmansba » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi Liz!
Just a suggestion. You may want to put "Long Island, NY to Portland, ME" in your subject line. It's easier for pilots to quickly scan for flights they can do. This is a short flight, so hopefully you'll get a quick response. I wish I was still on the east coast, but I'm based in Denver, Colorado now... :(

JERRY S.

Re: Deaf Dog needs transport 9/12 or sooner please

Post by JERRY S. » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:32 am

I COULD HELP U WITH THIS FLIGHT

EMAIL ME AT:

[email protected]

Jerry

Liza007
Zip Code: 02563
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: 2B1
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: ****DONE**** Deaf Dog needs transport 9/12 or sooner please

Post by Liza007 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:09 pm

THANK YOU BOTH FOR RESPONDING!!! For whatever reason, I was not notified that there were 'posts' here. Even checked my junk mail folder.. nothing.. so I apologize for not getting back sooner!

goodmansba... I had in fact provided zip codes in the 'request' form I honestly thought that that would format it to subject line.. my bad for not following through.

Jerry... Thank you thank you thank you! We were actually able to pull together transport late last night-today! (I am pooped) If it is ok with you, I would LOVE to save your email address for a future date.

Sadly, there are ALWAYS more dogs that need our help!

Please reply to [email protected] refer to 'Pilots N Paws' in the subject line (so it won't go to junk) as obviously something is wonky 'here'

Thank you both so much and again, I apologize for the delay in responding!