Dallas/ Forth Worth, TX to Memphis, TN Critical Need

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
kesalerno

Dallas/ Forth Worth, TX to Memphis, TN Critical Need

Post by kesalerno » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Ophelia.jpg
Number of animals being transported: 1 adult, 5 puppies (Mother and litter)
Breeds, weight, age: Mother- approx 2 year old pit/weimareiner Puppies- 6 weeks old
Health condition: Poor, mother has demodex mange as do her puppies and needs specialized emergency care at our Memphis veterinary partners
Heartworm status: Unknown
Vaccinations: Yes
Health certificate: TBD
Spayed/neutered: no- not medically stable for surgery
Special needs: This mother and her family were found covered in demodex mange and are listed for euthanasia. PAWS New England will take them in, get them access to what will be thousands of dollars in specialized medical care, and eventually adopt out this entire family, but we need to get them to Memphis where we have all our infrastructure
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum):
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Kelly Parker 617-620-9144
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: same
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: same
Are you a 501c3: Yes
Date ready for transport: 7/2, 7/3, 7/4, or 7/5
Additional info/situation: This is truly an emergency. PAWS does not typically work out of this shelter and therefore we have very limited resources and local volunteers who are able to help us. This would be a true life-saving mission

747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Dallas/ Forth Worth, TX to Memphis, TN Critical Need

Post by 747pilot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:38 pm

I could fly to Sherman, TX on the 5th of July and pick up Mom and pups and fly them back to the Covington, TN Airport. Sherman, TX is North Northeast of the Dallas Ft. Worth metro plex. The airport ID is SWI and it is located just East of the city of Sherman. Don't confuse it with the North Texas Regional , ID GYI.
Jim carney
Pilot Pilots N Paws

kesalerno

Post by kesalerno » Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:16 pm

Thank you so much Jim! I am working on finding her a ride now and will let you know immediately if I am successful- thank you again!!!!!

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm also hoping a DFW based pilot will see your request and offer to help by meeting me halfway.
Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP TN

kesalerno

Post by kesalerno » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:10 pm

DFW pilots- is anyone able to help out Jim? I can't even tell you how grateful we would be for your assistance.. Please let us know.

Jim, do you mind shooting me an email at [email protected]- making some progress on a driver to get them to Sherman and just needed some more details about when you think you (or another pilot helping) might be looking to meet in Sherman, TX.

Many thanks!
Kelly

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:15 am

I have had two other request for the same time period. Unless you can find another pilot in the DFW area, I will have no choice but to cancel my offer.
Jim Carney
PNP TN

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:37 am

Due to the fact that no Covington, TN rescues were listed on this request, I'm will not fly this transport.
Jim Carney
PNP

kesalerno

Post by kesalerno » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:50 am

Desperate for someone to come forward for this trip. With this cancellation, it is highly probable that this family will die in animal control. They are NOT SAFE. As this area is outside our catchment, PAWS New England has no fosters in this area that can take this family. Our only resource was that someone was willing to take this family to meet one of the pilots. Begging and pleading for someone to come through for this family.

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:26 pm

I will fly to Sherman , TX and pick up the dog and pups and fly them beck to Covington, TN Airport.
Please provide the name and names of the folks for both the Texas Rescue and Tipton CO Rescue and rescue people who will meet me. I will also need their contact phone numbers. The weather might be an issue in the DFW area for tomorrow but will know more later.
Jim Carney
PNP

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:49 pm

July 5, 2014
I flew down to Sherman, TX today picked up Amaretto and her Pups and flew them back To Covington, TN. Flight went well and Amaretto and her family are now safe.
Stand by for my DONE with pictures.
Jim Carney
Pilot - Pilots N Paws - TN