NEED SOON Brownsville TX to Chicago IL

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Christi

NEED SOON Brownsville TX to Chicago IL

Post by Christi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:17 pm

Please help me to transport my brother's dog from Brownsville TX to Chicago IL. My brother passed away on July 31, 2009 dog has been running stray since. Dog has been placed in a high kill shelter in Brownsville. Will need transportation after 7/22/09 to my home in Braidwood IL... Nearby airports are Lewis University, Joliet IL, Chicago Ohare and Chicago Midway, Bloomington IL.

Please help, I do not want to lose my brother's dog.

Thank you,

Christi Wren

arizonabsd
Zip Code: 85735
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: NEED SOON Brownsville TX to Chicago IL

Post by arizonabsd » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:43 am

Christi wrote:Please help me to transport my brother's dog from Brownsville TX to Chicago IL. My brother passed away on July 31, 2009 dog has been running stray since. Dog has been placed in a high kill shelter in Brownsville. Will need transportation after 7/22/09 to my home in Braidwood IL... Nearby airports are Lewis University, Joliet IL, Chicago Ohare and Chicago Midway, Bloomington IL.

Please help, I do not want to lose my brother's dog.

Thank you,

Christi Wren
Hi Christi,

I'm so sorry for the loss of your brother. I understand your desire to get his dog to your home, and I hope you can arrange that, but have to point out that this would be a very long trip requiring quite a few PNP pilots, who only fly about 300 miles. You'd need to know the total distance and divide it by 300 to determine how many pilots you'd need. It would probably take a couple weeks for you to locate all the pilots, and another week or more to complete the actual trip. You have to contact pilots at municipal airports along the route of travel to see if they're available to help. In addition, you need to arrange all transportation to/from the various airports as well as obtaining overnight foster care or boarding each day that it's in transit, which can be very expensive-- up to $100 per night for commercial boarding and ground transportation if you don't know anyone along the way who would overnight the dog for you.

Have you looked at commercial airline flights? That is the best option for getting the dog to you. You don't mention the breed or its size but you could also contact a local rescue specializing in that breed to see what recommendations they may have.

Best wishes,

Lynnette Bennett
North American Belgian Sheepdog Rescue
[email protected]
Lynnette Bennett
North American Belgian Sheepdog Rescue
[email protected]

Ultrabuzzard
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: NEED SOON Brownsville TX to Chicago IL

Post by Ultrabuzzard » Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:22 am

I could take puppy from Roanoke, Tx. (52F) to Norman, Ok. (OUN)