dallas to central colorado

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
bunky519

dallas to central colorado

Post by bunky519 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:14 pm

12 wk old pup from Dallas to Littleton area 18 pounds within the next week. Adoption from Paws in the City. Rhodesian ridgeback.

Ultrabuzzard
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: dallas to central colorado

Post by Ultrabuzzard » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Do you have any pilots yet? I Could go from Roanoke (52F) to Altus, Ok. (KAXS)....

I believe a good flight route would be Dallas to Altus, Ok, to Dalhart, Tx., to Colorado Springs, Co. (or where ever in central Colorado, although COS or DEN area would likely be the best drop off point for ground transpo).

Gimble

Post by Gimble » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:57 am

I could do a leg ending at Denver/COS, but Altus is a little too far. If we could get closer to KPYX/KLBL or so it would be much more manageable.

watson14
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by watson14 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:41 am

There is a post on the Ride Board for "Parker, CO to Dallas (Garland), Texas. I have a flight tentatively setup with two legs to get to Dallas. However, we would be dead heading to Denver. This would be a perfect
flight to merge the two request and have dogs going both ways.

The only complication is the weather in Dallas is predicted to be IFR most of next week. I am VFR only but if the pilot for the Dallas to the panhandle area leg is IFR, this could take place quickly. The weather for eastern Colorado and the Texas panhandle are good most days.

John Watson
[email protected]

FlyBuddy

Post by FlyBuddy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:28 am

UBuzz,
I could handle the Altus to Denver (Lakewood) portion sometime next week.

Is there a carrier for transport or would we need our own?

Lynn (flybuddy)

Gimble

Post by Gimble » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:09 am

It's my suspicion that this request is dead, since the original post stated "within the next week." and it's now been over a month.

If not, I'm transporting a Great Dane (Ivy) from Wichita to Colorado Springs this Friday. If the pup can find its way to Wichita before then and has a crate I can transport it to Meadow Lake (00V) in Colorado Springs or Longmont ( KLMO ) near Denver.

Joe