Calling All Pilots Calling All Pilots, be on the lookout...

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
adoptablepets

Calling All Pilots Calling All Pilots, be on the lookout...

Post by adoptablepets » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:18 am

ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
Calling all pilots that are available from the Kansas City, MO area, and that means Independence, Lee's Summit and any other suburb who can get 14 small dogs
from this area to the Twin Cities metro area, such as Lake Elmo, South St. Paul and St. Paul... I have asked over and over again and each time I find one who can
go so far, no one can take the second leg to get to the third and final one. I have postponed this several times and I no longer can do so, its getting frustrating and
tiresome. So I'm here to say............................. IMMEDIATELY needed are pilots to can make this FINALLY happen! If you are a pilot and know of another pilot
that can help up please contact them and lets all get together on this and make it FINALLY happen! For further details I ask that you kindly email us at [email protected] or call 651-343-1964 for further details.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Cindy Smith

Re: Calling All Pilots Calling All Pilots, be on the lookout...

Post by Cindy Smith » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:10 pm

This may be just too big of a request for general aviation to handle. Weather is extremely bad in those areas right now too.

Ground transport may be your best option.

Cindy
N299JP
Last edited by Cindy Smith on Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:24 pm

Adoptablepets,

The pilots are doing US a huge favor in helping to transport animals to their rescue. Your post sounds like you're mad because they haven't gotten the dogs where they need to go. They do transports for many different rescues and obviously they can't do it every week, not only because of the expense, but they do have lives and family's too. The subject line is suppose to have what city/state they are leaving from and city/state they are going to. The way you posted in the subject line, sounds like you've lost a dog and need help finding it, thinking maybe more pilots will read it?

From someone in rescue, I appreciate all the pilots do to help and I've had some, matter of fact there are 3 right now, that I don't have all legs filled, but it happens and I'm sure not upset with the pilots. They have saved many lives, a lot more then we could have without their help.

Cindy Smith

Post by Cindy Smith » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:45 pm

Thank you Nancy!

Cindy
N299JP

traunero
Zip Code: 44883
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: 16G
Distance willing to fly one way: 300

Post by traunero » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:43 pm

I was not going to respond until I read the two responses here, and, as a PnP pilot, I thank you. You two were reading my mind.

Rich
Rich Traunero
419-937-3899

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:08 pm

Ya'll are very welcome and thanks for all you do!!!

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:02 am

Hello everyone,

It is very important for us to remember that Pilots N Paws is an ALL VOLUNTEER group. People help each other and pilots assist with transports when and if they are in a position to do so.

Collectively, thousands of animals have been saved here in just over a year and I personally wish to thank everyone for working together and making that happen. Pilots who volunteer their time and resources are GREATLY appreciated and they are also the first ones to make this comment to me: "the rescue volunteers who work in the day to day process caring for these animals are the true heroes". Not only are they modest, but they are extending a much needed gift to those of us in rescue.

Your requests have to be reasonable in order for you to have the best chance at finding a pilot to help. This is why we have quidelines and suggestions for everyone to read and follow. When a transport is filled, a big sigh of relief is felt and when it is not, then you go to plan B (I always feel there should be a plan B) and go from there. Learning the difference between ground transport and air is important. Please take the time to do so and please show some respect and appreciation for those who come together here to do what they can , when they can, to help innocent animals.

Thank you,
Admin

lt4247
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KTVI

Post by lt4247 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:58 am

14 dogs is way more than a small aircraft can handle and may be part of your problem. We normally don't fly more than 2 or 3 at a time. I took a look at your situation and it appears the distance is less than 450 miles up I-35 from KC to ST Paul. Your mission sounds urgent so why not just drive up there? Shouldn't take over 5.5 hours driving and would make a nice weekend visit to the twin cities to boot.

Good luck with it.

rl,sr
J.R. Lane
Thomasville, GA - KTVI