CANCEL 4minpins PHX AZ to ABQ or Sante FE to Meadowlake, CO

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MinPinMom

CANCEL 4minpins PHX AZ to ABQ or Sante FE to Meadowlake, CO

Post by MinPinMom » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:00 pm

HELP! 5 miniature pinschers (in 3 small crates) from Phoenix, AZ to either Albuquerque or Sante Fe, NM. Santa Fe to Meadowlake Airport in Falcon, CO is all set on either 10/23 or 10/24. Rescuer losing shelter so dogs need to be safe. Please help transport the dogs to safe haven with another rescue. Crates are plastic and measure: (2) 24" L x 17" W x 17" T; (1) 26" L x 17" W x 17" T. If you call please reference Pilots N Paws posting. Thank you for your help.

Pat Daigle
MinPinHaven Rescue, Inc. Phoenix
602-402-3273
Last edited by MinPinMom on Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Gimble

Re: Phoenix, AZ to Meadowlake, CO Oct. 9th or later

Post by Gimble » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:22 pm

Pat:

Perhaps if you can two or three pilots to split the legs across, it may be a little easier to find pilots. One possible route might be:

Leg 1:
(Phoenix) KDVT -> (KGNT) Grants-Milan Municipal -- 225 nm (Pilot based on Phoenix)

Leg 2:
KGNT -> KSAF (Santa Fe) -> KLVS (Las Vegas NM) -- 139 nm (Pilot probably based in Santa Fe or Albequerque )

Leg 3:
KLVS -> 00V (Meadow Lake) -- 200 nm (Pilot probably based on Colorado Springs/Denver)

So far, it is my experience that 200-300 nm (each way) is about as far as most pilots can go in a single day: at typical small plane cruising speeds, that can be 2-3 hours each way. Adding in an hour on each end to preflight the plane, meet and load the dogs, and meet and unload the dogs at the destination, and you suddenly have an 8-hour day or that distance.

As an example, I flew that exact route last spring, and the total flight (one way) was six hours in length, with one stop for fuel. While taxing, it was still more pleasant than driving ( 11h 45m according to Google maps ).

I might be able to assist on the last leg (to Colorado Springs/Denver) : but I'm currently trying to get a Great Dane from Dallas to Meadow Lake scheduled in conjunction with a Dallas pilot. Until that is resolved, I am unable to make any additional transport commitments.

Best of luck to you!
Joe

FlyBuddy

Re: Phoenix, AZ to Meadowlake, CO Oct. 9th or later

Post by FlyBuddy » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:52 am

I agree somewhat with Joe; but, perhaps we can me this in two legs. For example, is someone could get the dog to Santa Fe or so, I can come down from Denver and get him to Meadowlake.
Lynn

rylan01

Re: UPDATE: Phoenix, AZ to Gallup NM to Meadowlake, CO

Post by rylan01 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:14 pm

Pat

How are you doing with your transport request for the 5 min pins?

I am a Delta Airlline pilot and the commercial aviation contact for Pilots N Paws. I will be flying from Phoenix to Minneapolis to Denver on Oct 14th and again on the 28th. I can carry two small min pins in a sherpa bag on board the flight.

Let me know if this might work for you and we can go over the details.

Sarah Murphy Case
Delta Airlines Pilot

FlyBuddy

Re: 5 minpins: Phoenix, AZ to ABQ Sante FE NM to Meadowlake, CO

Post by FlyBuddy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:58 pm

I can either meet Sarah (do you have a flight arrival day/time yet?) and get the two pups from DIA (DEN) or FTG to Meadowlake, which is NE of COS OR I can meet someone in Northern NM, SE or South Central CO and bring up all 5.

Are they from the same litter? IE, can they be carried in one med to large carrier? How much do they weigh each?
Thanks,
Lynn

MinPinMom

Post by MinPinMom » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:04 pm

The make up of the 5 minpins is 2 female retired puppy mill ladies (Fendi and Gucci) who weigh about 12 pounds each. Buddy who is a youngster of about a year who weighs about 13 or 14 pounds and who will be neutered next week and Josh is about 9 or 10 pounds and 18 months old. Chico is being flown tomorrow with Sarah aboard a commercial flight and . Tentatively the people from National Mill Dog Rescue are driving to meet me in NM next Saturday to transfer the 4 dogs but to save them the trip I can drive to NM and bring the dogs to a pilot who can get them to Meadowlake airport if we can make that work.

Thank you for being so patient as I learn how to respond to everyone.

Pat Daigle
MinPinHaven Rescue, Inc.
602-402-3273

FlyBuddy

Post by FlyBuddy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:04 pm

Pat,
I'm planning a trip down to Santa Fe tomorrow/Sat, 17 Oct. I'm guessing I'd be at the airport there between noon and 1pm. Is this anywhere near where you were planning to meet the folks from National Mill Dog Rescue?
I would expect to be in Santa Fe a 2-4 hours. It's a 2 hour flight back to Denver, but I'd plan for 3 hours for me to stop in COS/Meadowlake to meet the Dog Rescue folks. That means I'd like to leave Santa Fe by 3pm.
I called and left my contact numbers on your VM.
Lynn

FlyBuddy

Post by FlyBuddy » Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:58 pm

Pat,
I can come to Santa Fe next week instead of tomorrow--either the 23rd or 24th.
Perhaps we can get another pilot to come to KSFA from PHX or somewhere along the way so you don't have to drive 8 hrs each way.
Lynn

MinPinMom

Re: HELP 4pins: PHX AZ to ABQ or Sante FE NM to Meadowlake, CO

Post by MinPinMom » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Thank you Lynn, I got your message and have posted the measurements for the 3 crates. If I drive to meet you, which airport do you prefer - Albuquerque or Santa Fe? I would definately be there by 3 pm. Thank you!

Pat Daigle
MinPinHaven Rescue, Inc.
602-402-3273

FlyBuddy

Re: HELP 4pins: PHX AZ to ABQ or Sante FE NM to Meadowlake, CO

Post by FlyBuddy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:11 am

Pat,
Santa Fe works best for me...fuel is much cheaper there than almost everywhere else in the area.
Will this Fri work for you?
Lynn