COMPLETED Marysville, KS (66508)to Winston-Salem, NC (27107)

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
SheltieShack

COMPLETED Marysville, KS (66508)to Winston-Salem, NC (27107)

Post by SheltieShack » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:59 pm

Dear Animal Loving Pilots,

We have a 5-6 month deaf female sheltie puppy needing to get to her adoptive home in Winston-Salem, NC. The adopter has two other shelties, one of which she traveled here 3 years ago to adopt that is also hearing impaired. It is not possible for her to travel to KS at this time and we feel strongly enough that this is the most perfect and experienced home for our little Kia that we are now searching for an alternative way to get Kia to her forever family.

I've just been informed that there is a very special Paws N Pilot volunteer in the Kansas City area named Sam Taylor, who's sister in law, Janice, adopted a dog from my rescue partner at Home for Disposable Pets in Riley, KS a few years ago and has currently inquired about another special dog to possibly adopt (1/2 sheltie, 1/2 min pin). I live approximately 3 hours NW of the KC area; however, bringing Kia to KCI or any other airport convenient is absolutely NO PROBLEM and we'd consider it a blessing if we are chosen to be assisted and hopefully get to meet Sam as well.

Although I have never personally had the need before now to inquire about this spectacular service, I've heard many heartwarming stories from my fellow National Sheltie Rescue Organizations that have worked with some of the kindest animal loving pilots in the world and hope we can add our happy ending story to the List as well.

Kia was born 4-28-09, she weighs 13-15 # and is completely vetted, to include being spayed. A Health Certificate and/or any other necessities are no problem, to include providing her with her own carrier and personal belongings.

I just finished wiping my eyes viewing Sam's trip to Canada with several lucky dogs......if I weren't less than a fancy of height...I'd almost want to be a PILOT myself.

Thank you all for the wonderful service your Organization provides and thank you for considering our request.

Sincerely,

Linda L Kotapish, Director
SheltieShack Rescue of KS
Blue Rapids, KS 66411
H) 785-363-7148
785-363-7148
Picture 10.jpg
This is a photo of Kia a little younger.
Picture 10.jpg (25.13 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Last edited by SheltieShack on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 5 times in total.

staylor4
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Re: Kansas City, MO to Winston-Salem, NC

Post by staylor4 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Wow! You're waaaaaay too kind. Thank you. I would be honored to transport Kia to the southern Saint Louis, Missouri area.
Sam Taylor

SheltieShack

Re: Kansas City, MO to Winston-Salem, NC

Post by SheltieShack » Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Awesome.....can you tell me your time frame so that I can work on getting her on a bit further to meet up with Nancy (her new mom)?

SheltieShack

Re: Kansas City, MO (64118) to Winston-Salem, NC (27107)

Post by SheltieShack » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:02 am

I have a pilot in St. Louis willing to fly Kia to Louisville, KY on Sunday Oct. 25th. I still need to hear back from my my KS pilot going to St. Louis to confirm the day. If anyone is able to assist with a leg from Louisville, KY to like Kingsport, TN that would be icing on the cake. And, if there is anyone else in KS that can help in case I can't get back in touch with my original KS volunteer pilot I would appreciate hearing from you, too. Like earlier mentioned, I've not utilized this wonderful service previously and am a bit awkward at organizing a transport. Advise always appreciated. ;)

Thank you,
Linda & Kia
SheltieShack Rescue of KS
H)785-363-7148
http://www.sheltieshack.com
E-mail: [email protected]