1 depressed BC-Columbus, OH - Rockaway, NJ*DONE!*

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Tripletdadbob
Zip Code: 15143
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 1 depressed BC-Columbus, OH - Rockaway, NJ*URGENT*

Post by Tripletdadbob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:45 am

I'm not sure why there appears to be two threads for this rescue. I posted on the other thread, and will post on this one, too, so we don't miss any opportunities.

I am in Pittsburgh, PA (KBVI) and can probably get the pup from Pittsburgh to Harrisburg, PA or Eastern Maryland this weekend (Sept. 26 or 27). I think there is someone in Columbus who can get him to Pittsburgh, and someone in Maryland who can get him to NJ. That should complete the trip.

Feel free to call me, if we can make this work, or if anyone wants to try to put this one together.

Bob
412-716-9642

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:05 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your offer. The issue is the 1st pilot has been waiting for me to find a 2nd pilot and took another transport for this weekend, before a new pilot joined and offered to do the last half. There aren't any pilots around Danville, IL to get them to Columbus, so I'm trying to get land transport to the Chicago area where they have a temporary foster space, and he's out of the shelter. If I can get him to the Chicago area, everything should work out.

Thanks again!

Tripletdadbob

Post by Tripletdadbob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:50 pm

Thank you for the great work!

I'm here if you need me. If you need me to do a Columbus to Pittsburgh leg, or a Pittsburgh to Harrisburg or Maryland leg, either this weekend or even next weekend, just let me know.

Bob

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks Bob. Right now it's looking better and better that he can get to the Chicago area, but if not, I'll definitely let you know. Thanks again!

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Bob, it's all been worked out. The shelter has a volunteer that will get this beautiful boy to where he needs to go close to Chicago. Thanks again!!!!

Tripletdadbob

Post by Tripletdadbob » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:34 pm

Great news! Thanks!

flygirl34q

Post by flygirl34q » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:05 am

:mrgreen: Mission accomplished! Sloppy Joe is on his way to New York/New Jersey this morning! :mrgreen: Another life saved through Pilots 'N Paws!!

katestamps716

Re: 1 depressed BC-Columbus, OH - Rockaway, NJ*DONE!*

Post by katestamps716 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:47 am

Thank you to all who helped with this rescue. We adopted this amazing dog 2 weeks ago and are so happy and grateful that you all helped save him. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. He is adjusting well to his new home and we look forward to many long and happy years with him.

Kate & John
Avenel, NJ
Attachments
barboface (Small).jpg
barboface (Small).jpg (50.57 KiB) Viewed 455 times

admin
Site Admin
Pilot?: No

Post by admin » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:04 am

Kate and John,

CONGRATULATIONS on adopting this adorable boy! There were certainly a lot of people working towards getting him out of the shelter before the 11th hour and the end result is that he now has a loving home--there is no better ending then this! It's why we are all so passionate about what we do via Pilots N Paws. Hugs to you and your new pup and thank you for sending an update, it is nice to hear from the adoptive "parents"!!

Debi

katestamps716

Post by katestamps716 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:26 am

Thank you! We can not figure out how on Earth anyone gave him up - TWICE! He is the sweetest, most mellow dog. He loves to just hang out, LOVES riding in the car and going to the dog park to play. But mostly he just flops on his back for a belly rub and will fall asleep like that! He is a complete mush and are so, so happy we found him.

After losing our 12 year old dog in March it was extremely difficult to think about getting a new one but we had a hole in our home without a fur baby around. Mr. Barbo (he didn't respond or seem to know Sloppy Joe) has made our little family complete. We're even thinking about adopting another dog once we're sure he's settled and knows for sure that he's not going anywhere!

So thanks again!