[SPLIT from] LINKS: FIND AIRPORTS, Routes, Nautical miles betwee

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
saratogadriver

[SPLIT from] LINKS: FIND AIRPORTS, Routes, Nautical miles betwee

Post by saratogadriver » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:23 pm

I did not see this string before. Perhaps we can get it to a more visible location.

Another website that should help those trying to track these airlifts is:

http://www.flightaware.com Ask your pilot for the tail number of the plane s/he is using. It will most likely be a N number, like my usual plane, N8385s. Plug that in over on the left side of the flightaware page under tail number (be sure to use the "n" at the start of the number) and, if the pilot is on an instrument flight plan or getting some flight following, you SHOULD be able to watch the flight, and see when the plane should arrive.

Jim G

LuvFlying

Re: LINKS: FIND AIRPORTS, Routes, Nautical miles between airport

Post by LuvFlying » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:42 pm

saratogadriver wrote:Plug that in over on the left side of the flightaware page under tail number (be sure to use the "n" at the start of the number) and, if the pilot is on an instrument flight plan or getting some flight following, you SHOULD be able to watch the flight, and see when the plane should arrive.
To add to what Jim says... Some pilots use the "Compassion Flight" designation. When they do that, you would track them with a modified tail number. You would substitute CMFfor the first 3 or 4 digits of the tail number. CMF + last 3 digits of the tail number
Example
N213TG would become CMF3TG

PilotChip
Zip Code: 92026
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCRQ
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Re: LINKS: FIND AIRPORTS, Routes, Nautical miles between airport

Post by PilotChip » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:49 pm

Some pilots use the "Compassion Flight" designation.
Those pilots you are referring to are flying for the Air Care Alliance not pilots n paws right?
Jason Chipkin | San Diego, CA | Flight Tracker: CMF01
Serving Southern California, Nevada and Arizona

Skyhawk599
Zip Code: 35601
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KDCU
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: LINKS: FIND AIRPORTS, Routes, Nautical miles between air

Post by Skyhawk599 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Regarding the aircraft designation, I prefer to just insert the words "Animal Rescue Flight" in block 11 (Comments) of my flight plan. Even being on a VFR flight plan, I feel it is noticed and helps ATC to know about us. Also, I also am not hesitant to request a 300 ft/min descent from ATC for the purpose of gently changing the air pressure on the dogs' ears. I've even had controllers ask me what type of animal I was flying. My reply always includes a plug for Pilots'n Paws. :D
Don H.
Cessna 172/Decatur, AL - Pryor Field (DCU)
VFR Only