CANCELLED 7 month old dobie kingsport TN to Pittsburgh area

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
cjhwillis

CANCELLED 7 month old dobie kingsport TN to Pittsburgh area

Post by cjhwillis » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:29 pm

Evening folks-

Cathy Willis with the Doberman Assistance Network.

We have a little red 7 month old male Doberman puppy looking for a ride from the Kingsport TN (east TN) area to Pittsburgh PA. Wandered up to a farm house east TN, a few weeks ago, emaciated and with puncture wounds. His puncture wounds have healed and he’s gaining weight and now it’s time to get him to rescue and foster. A wonderful rescue in Pittsburgh PA has room for him and we would love to get him there this weekend before everything shuts down for Christmas- but we will work with anyone on time

We can move him to any airport within about a two hour driving distance of Kingsport if it will help get him a ride.
The airports in both areas are up to the pilots. We are not using PIT

Winston is now up to 65 pounds.

if anyone can help with a leg - please let me know

Cathy Willis
Doberman Assistance Network
704 516 4738
Attachments
Winston.jpg
Winston.jpg (72.89 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
Last edited by cjhwillis on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmartino

Re: 7 month old dobie kingsport TN to Pittsburgh area

Post by jmartino » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:16 pm

Hi,I am a pilot based south of Atlanta in Peachtree city.I have family in Pittsburgh so I may be able to help.When does the dog need to go?The only problem I have is my plane is a small two seater .It would depend on the size of the carrier you have.Please let me know the dimensions and I'll check my plane to see if it will fit.Thanks John.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:33 am

Cathy,

I will be doing some maintenance on the plane between now and the end of the year, but after the first I could do it. I would want to fill the plane up however, so I will see if I can also find some smaller pups heading in that general direction also. It would help if I could leave out of Knoxville.

Jon

rkaplan

Post by rkaplan » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:45 am

I may be able to do the trip this weekend - I should be able to let you know more by tomorrow night.

Hi Jon. Happy Holidays. If I were to do this trip with my kids and made it an overnight, can you suggest something in the area near Kingsport that might be fun for kids age 8 and 12 so I can make it a dual mission trip?

-Richard

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:36 pm

Rich,

I can't think of a thing in the Kingsport area. Down this direction in the Pigeon Forge Gatlinburg area the lights are spectacular and there are all sorts of things to do. Perhaps go into the PF/Gatlinburg airport and take the kids to see the Ripley's aquarium, take a tram ride, and any number of other things in the area. Then hop to Tri Cities to get the pup.

Jon

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:42 pm

rkaplan wrote:I may be able to do the trip this weekend - I should be able to let you know more by tomorrow night.

Hi Jon. Happy Holidays. If I were to do this trip with my kids and made it an overnight, can you suggest something in the area near Kingsport that might be fun for kids age 8 and 12 so I can make it a dual mission trip?

-Richard
Hi Rich!!! I have been wondering where you have been :D As Jon stated, there is quite a bit to do in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Ford area of TN. Thank you for offering to get his pup to rescue. Your daughter made a great co-pilot the last time and I have no doubt both of them will this time!

Debi

rkaplan

Post by rkaplan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:45 am

Looks like plans changed this weekend so this won't be doable for me Debi but I'll aim to do another one soon.. things are starting to get back on track..thanks.

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:40 pm

Cathy, See the thread about the Dobie from SRB to PIT or that area. Can you and Vicki see if this will work on one flight?

I think it can, but it would make it easier if I could load up in Knoxville which is in between Kingsport and Sparta (Cookville).

Jon

jmartino

Post by jmartino » Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:19 am

I should be able to do this trip on monday the 29.So far the weather looks good.

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:32 am

Unless the folks change it, it looks like I can fly both pups. Jmartino where are you from and can you carry both the Dobie from SRB and Kingsport? What type plane and do you need VFR or is IFR OK?

What I'm thinking is I can be the fall back position if you want to take them. I fly a P210 and will go IFR.