URGENT Senior BC-Springfield, MO - Davidson, NC*UPDATE 12/14

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MuttsMom

URGENT Senior BC-Springfield, MO - Davidson, NC*UPDATE 12/14

Post by MuttsMom » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:00 pm

This boy is in a kill shelter that doesn't even have public adoptions and he's due to be put down tomorrow. We've got a rescue hold on him so they won't kill him tomorrow, but we need to get him out ASAP and to his foster home in NC, who's with Carolina BC Rescue.

Thanks
Last edited by MuttsMom on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MuttsMom

Re: URGENT Senior BC-Springfield, MO - Davidson, NC

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:56 pm

This is Joey's picture. He needed a name and not just #386. He looks like a little old man but in reality, he's skin and bones and has been on his own for a long time. He's 8 but 8 for a border collie isn't old, just ask my 15 year old that's still spunky. He is heartbreaking to look at, but his foster mom will have him putting weight on and enjoying the good life in no time.

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:54 pm

The KC and Sullivan pilots aren't available to help this girl...... yes, the shelter sexed her as a HE (I'm not saying a word.... :roll: ) We can get her some land transport if getting her to a certain area would help her get some air transport to her foster mom.
Thanks again!!

BackerBunch

Post by BackerBunch » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:43 am

Thank you for posting for Joy's sake, Nancy! She's at the vet's now and will be spayed shortly. She's extemely under weight weighing in at 32 lbs. The vet stated he believes her coat is in the shape it's in due to malnutrition. Joy will be utd on all vacs.

Any help getting her to NC would be greatly appreciated!

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:41 am

If anyone can help this boy, please contact Brenda, mygarden1 @ roadrunner.com (remove spaces).

Thanks

BackerBunch

Post by BackerBunch » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:05 pm

UPDATE-Lenny has volunteered to fly Joy from Crossville, TN to Statesville, NC. Under dsbandmiko's thread titled 1 Shiba (dog) from Memphis, TN to KC, Dawn updated it saying she needs a pilot to fly her dog from Memphis, TN to Branson, MO. If a pilot has time to volunteer for that leg next week, I would love it if my dog could hitch a ride back from Branson, MO to Memphis, TN. If that's possible, I would be in need of a pilot that would fly the Memphis, TN to Crossville, TN leg and a volunteer foster in Memphis and a volunteer foster in Crossville to see she meets up with the pilots.

Many thanks!