DONE!!! Border Collie's- Fayetteville, TN - Concord, NC

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
MuttsMom

DONE!!! Border Collie's- Fayetteville, TN - Concord, NC

Post by MuttsMom » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:28 pm

There are 4, 8-10 week old pups from 2 different litters that need to get to Concord, NC. Someone that's going to foster a couple will meet the pilot in Concord and take them to their final destination. She said there was a small airport in Concord, which makes sense because it's Nascar country. I want to be transported too :lol:
Last edited by MuttsMom on Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jon

Re: Border Collie pups - Fayetteville, TN - Concord, NC

Post by Jon » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:10 pm

Nancy,

If time is not critical, after the 1st I might be able to do this.

Jon

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:54 pm

I would think that would work Jon. I'll call the shelter Monday a.m. and make sure. My guess is, they will have more Border Collie or BC mixes come in by then, that can go to the same place. There is a puppy mill that breeds border collies and some back yard breeders in the area as well, so they get dumped every week.

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi Jon,

One of the pups got adopted, so down to 3 pups in Fayetteville. The rescue is going to take a small adult BC mix from Athens, AL. If there's a choice (trying to figure out who can pull and transport to one or the other), would Athens, AL or Fayetteville be easiest for you? I saw the small airport on the way to pull 2 last week in Fayetteville, but not sure where the one in Athens is. I know Prior Field is in Decatur. It's funny how I drive by a small airport now and my brain goes to PNP :-)

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sat Dec 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Hi Jon. It's your worst nightmare again. Hopefully someone will pull the one in Athens and meet me somewhere, and I'll take her and get the pups and meet you at the Fayetteville airport, or the other way around, but most likely at Fayetteville. Can you tell me when you think you could do this? Are we talking Friday the 2nd, or Sat. the 3rd? I think that's the longest they will hold them.

Thanks as always!

Jon

Post by Jon » Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:09 pm

I'll make it work. I will even be able to do it New Years day or any time after that. I am planning to get to the hangar tomorrow and get some maintenance work done, so you set it up and tell me when.

I haven't been tracking weather but it should not be an issue.

Jon

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks so much Jon. WIll let you know what I hear from the shelters on Monday.

This will be the 1st time I'll be on the end where they get to ride 1st class :-) I'm looking forward to it. I've had such a wonderful experience with the pilots that have helped us so far. Ya'll are truly, Sky Angels!!!!

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:14 am

I'm heading to the hangar to get my work done, and a 2 Dobie transport that was up in the air has been firmed up. That one the receiving rescue has some dates that are critical so give me a range of dates and I will set something up to do this transport and the other within the time frame that works best for everyone.

Thanks.

Jon

MuttsMom

Post by MuttsMom » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:38 pm

If I can get someone to meet me at the shelter on the 1st, then the 1st. My guess would be in the morning, since that's probably when someone goes to feed/clean when they are closed. If they won't hold them until the 1st, then I've got to find someone to foster until then, and there's no one that I know in the area, so planning for the 1st. I'll let you know tomorrow for sure.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:17 pm

OK, The first it is. Now that we are down to details I need everybody involved, sending rescue, receiving rescue, me and anyone else who needs to participate to communicate via email. Send a global email to everybody including me at rauchy01 at comcast.net and I will confirm the arrival time at both airports. I need weights of the pups, number going, and any other pertinent infor.

Jon