from Kingston, GA to KGMU to KBUY

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
lshirey

from Kingston, GA to KGMU to KBUY

Post by lshirey » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:45 pm

An excerpt from my email to the rescue team after my first PnP rescue flight. It was an awesome experience!!! Thought I would share ...

"I’ve had some real enjoyable flights, some real educational flights, some real interesting flights, and some that were all of the above and then some. But this was the most rewarding flight! Momma and the pups flew like it was an everyday deal for them; just another day at 3000ft.

And a cool thing. Enroute to KBUY while working with Charlotte Approach, traffic was slow so the controller started asking about what I was doing. I filed my flight plan with “canines onboard” under the remarks section. I was sure to mention that I had 7 pups and their momma onboard for a rescue flight to KBUY. Another pilot that was flying skydivers at the time was on frequency and commented about how cool that was. He also flew animal rescue flights for Cloud 9. Everybody on frequency at that time got to hear about our rescue flights. And hopefully those pilots that overheard the conversation will become interested and participate themselves. I remember reading on PnP where someone suggested noting ‘pet rescue flight’, ‘Pilots n Paws rescue flight’ or something similar on your flight plan and if the controller asks, it’ll give the pilot the perfect opportunity to broadcast this great cause to all other pilots on frequency. And it worked. Please be sure to pass along this tip to other pilots."

Thank you for your service,
Larry

lshirey

Re: from Kingston, GA to KGMU to KBUY

Post by lshirey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:31 am

And some pics.
PnP_Mike and momma at KBUY.jpg
Mike and Momma at KBUY
PnP_Mike and momma at KBUY.jpg (32.12 KiB) Viewed 596 times
PnP_momma and Larry at KBUY.jpg
Momma and Larry at KBUY
PnP_momma and Larry at KBUY.jpg (30.85 KiB) Viewed 596 times
PnP_Stasia and the family_2.jpg
Stasia and the family at KGMU
PnP_Stasia and the family_2.jpg (33.13 KiB) Viewed 596 times
Last edited by lshirey on Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

lshirey

Re: from Kingston, GA to KGMU to KBUY

Post by lshirey » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:32 am

And a couple of more.
PnP_pups at GMU_2.jpg
Pups ready for loading at KGMU
PnP_pups at GMU_2.jpg (38.89 KiB) Viewed 596 times
PnP_momma monitoring the instruments enroute to KBUY.jpg
Momma monitoring the instruments enroute to KBUY
PnP_momma monitoring the instruments enroute to KBUY.jpg (29.06 KiB) Viewed 596 times