FLYINS

Promote and discuss fly-ins, and form Pilots N Paws "clubs" in your area.
BrettE
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: FLYINS

Post by BrettE » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:51 pm

emartin wrote:So whats the deal?Im not receiving much response here.
I suspect that part of the problem is that your announcement is buried in a general thread on Fly-Ins. If the forum had a side bar, one thing that could live there is a list of upcoming events and announcements including fly-ins. In the meantime, you might want to start a thread all your own for this particular fly-in. I think that including the date and location in the topic would be a good idea.

Good luck!
Brett

staylor4
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGPH
Distance willing to fly one way: 50

Post by staylor4 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Pencil me in for the Claremore (GCM) flyin. I'm a 'definite' for the South Carolina flyin in June. Can't wait to meet the world famous Jon and Debi!
Sam Taylor, Kansas City, MO
Cherokee 7609W

emartin

Post by emartin » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:22 am

Theres a flyin at Claremore,last sat of Feb.I dont think we have very many pilots interested though??Its 1100 am 100 pm,airport manager is Chris.He wanted to know how many.A little embarassing to say we MIGHT have 2??This doesnt seem to be garnering much interest

emartin

Post by emartin » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:55 am

Well the 1st Flyin was a bust.Only 1 showed up.Man what a embarassing deal!What good does it do to put it together if noone goes

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:57 am

I don't know. The flyin a couple weeks ago went super well. Lots of us brought rescued dogs. We brought one from West Palm Beach, going to Ohio rescued on the last day before being put down. I'd say, even if it was just that one dog the whole thing was worth the trip. BUT, many were brought there. We met Debi and the group after being members for over a year. I've only flown about 20 missions, flying around 60 or so dogs. Not anywhere near the amount flown by others. Yet enough to see you are wrong. Teamwork, along with dedicated, motivated volunteers is making a difference. I'd say your anger is misplaced. Maybe you went about it wrong. How many RSVP's? The main thing is not to give up on the animals who need us for their survival. It's not their fault no one showed for a party.

jdcpilot

Post by jdcpilot » Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:21 am

FLY IN 2011

How about Branson, MO - 3 airports, all with rental cars, plenty of hotels and fun things to do. Central US location http://www.reservebranson.com

How about Gastons Resort, AR , beautiful location. Grass strip 3000 feet. Cabins right on the river. Sunday brunch is excellent or you can catch your own dinner because of the excellent Trount Fishing. There have been many fly ins at Gastons. The owner is very aviation friendly. Central USA location. http://www.gastons.com

How about Pigeon Forge/ Gatlinburg, TN. Great location, war bird museum, plenty to do including Branson type shows, plenty of hotels etc.

Jim Carney
PNP :D

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by admin » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:43 am

Jim, all good suggestions and perhaps we can arrange a flyin this year and at the same time, help the all the puppymill dogs who are being abandoned every minute right now in MO........the weather needs to break first but planning ahead is a good idea.

Let's hear from others to please, any suggestions? Subaru and Petmate will hopefully be on board. Perhaps we can combine a flyin with the ASPCA as well who are also sponsored by Subaru? They are very involved in pulling and sending dogs from puppymills and hoarder situations. Lot's of choices, let's chat!

Deb

jdcpilot

Post by jdcpilot » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:13 am

Debi,
I will make sure Gina keeps PNP in the loop with the MO Puppy Mill situation. I have been to all the airports I suggested for a Fly In and all are great. As for Branson, you could always use Springfield (SGF). They have an excellent GA FBO and are very pet friendly. Robin Allen works there and signed up to be a foster for PNP.
Jim Carney
PNP