Pilot Rescue Flight Form, downloadable

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Pilot Rescue Flight Form, downloadable

Post by admin » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:19 pm

Hi All,

On our homepage, we have a Pilot form for your use to keep track of each rescue flight you do. One of our fantastic pilot volunteers, Russell, thought it would be better to make a form that you can fill out online and then print it out rather then handwriting all the info. Thank you Russell, for creating this for pilots to use to keep track of their flights. This is a great tool for your records.

Debi
Attachments
flightform_fill-inNEW.pdf
Pilot Rescue Flight Form, fill in online and print it out!
(273.36 KiB) Downloaded 1569 times

kshaw
Zip Code: 20878
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KGAI

Re: Pilot Rescue Flight Form, downloadable

Post by kshaw » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:37 pm

I would like to suggest a revision to the published form to track Hobbs time rather than Tach time. Most flying clubs use Hobbs time to bill airtime because it is more accurate than Tach time and will always be higher than Tach time. Hobbs time tracks hours starting from the time the engine starts to shutdown. If pilots are using the tach time to estimate fuel usage, then they are not getting the full deduction that they are entitled because that time will vary with RPM settings. My experience is that the tach time is about 80 percent of the Hobbs time. If the aircraft does not have a Hobbs meter pilots are better off using a stopwatch to track the time than using the tach.
Kent
PA-28-161 N9396C (KGAI)

kshaw
Zip Code: 20878
Foster?: No
Airport identifier: KGAI

Post by kshaw » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 am

I developed a revised electronic form that I would like to send to like to send to your admin for review and posting. The new form has a few drop down lists that will make it a little easier to prepare; it does calculations to compute flight costs and automobile mileage; and it supports digital signatures (that all participants can obtain instantly and free). The digital signatures will make the form easier to process via email. All of the features are set up to work with the Adobe Reader version 8 and later. Let me know how to send it to you.
Kent
PA-28-161 N9396C (KGAI)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:51 am

Hi Russell,

Great, thank you for creating this! Just send it to [email protected] or you can also upload it under this thread by using the attachment option. Thanks for creating this and making it easier for pilots to use!

Debi

Flyguy767
Zip Code: 37814
Airport identifier: MOR
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

Post by Flyguy767 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:36 am

kshaw wrote:
Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:48 am
I developed a revised electronic form that I would like to send to like to send to your admin for review and posting. The new form has a few drop down lists that will make it a little easier to prepare; it does calculations to compute flight costs and automobile mileage; and it supports digital signatures (that all participants can obtain instantly and free). The digital signatures will make the form easier to process via email. All of the features are set up to work with the Adobe Reader version 8 and later. Let me know how to send it to you.
If you wouldn't care to send me a copy of you new form. Hobbs is better, I appreciate it as im trying to find the best format to track these trips for tax purposes

Paul Howard
N4208R
PA 32-300
email:
[email protected]

patssg
Zip Code: 30290

Post by patssg » Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:49 pm

Would this be sent to the pilots instead of a transport run sheet? This is a great idea. The more info I can give a pilot, the better off they are.