DONE!!old malamute needs flight to boise from salt lake area

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
mummgt

DONE!!old malamute needs flight to boise from salt lake area

Post by mummgt » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:03 am

hello and happy new year wishes to all the flying angels! my daughter is adopting/rescuing an 8-10 year old malamute. he was in a shelter in hurricaine, utah and was in danger of being euthanized due to lack of space.
my daughter lives in boise, idaho. i live in los angeles.
the rescue group in hurricaine has him in a foster home at the moment. they do not believe that he can make it on a commercial flight, so my daughter and i are going to have to fly to salt lake to meet up with the foster family and then rent a car to drive him back. my daughter is a grad student and funds are limited. we would much rather use those funds to get him the medical care that he needs...dental work and eval of bad hips. if there is anyone who can help, please contact me at [email protected]
we would like to get him to boise as soon as possible after jan. 5
Last edited by mummgt on Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skyking
Zip Code: 33043
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KMTH
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: malamute needs rescue flight

Post by skyking » Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:16 pm

A couple of hints to help you obtain a successful outcome. Edit your post headline to include the departure and arrival city or airport. This will better get the attention of the pilots in your area. If you do not get a response, try calling pilots that live along the route of flight. You find these pilots on the home page of Pilots N Paws by scrolling to the bottom of the page. Every plane on the map is a pilot that has signed up to help.

Good Luck

Jeff

Mrbusybody
Zip Code: 83404
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: KIDA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: old malamute needs flight to boise from salt lake area

Post by Mrbusybody » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:26 pm

How and when is the animal arriving in the SLC area? I have a Cherokee based in Idaho Falls, Id and could travel to Boise. Are alternate pick up points (outside SLC Class B airspace) available? The further North the animal comes the less dead time flight will be necessary for me. I generally can only fly on weekends (F-Sunday) under visual flight rules. Early starts are difficult since I must defrost and preheat before I can fly.

Mrbusybody

mummgt

Post by mummgt » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:00 pm

old malamute, Leo, currently has been taken out of shelter and is with temporary rescue family in Hurricaine, Utah. i am unfamiliar with the area and cannot advise you as to other airports. the fostering family has been willing to drive him up to slc. if there is an airport you think is more advisable, i can e-mail them and inquire about the drive there instead of slc. thank you even for the consideration. [email protected]

Stallog

Post by Stallog » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:44 pm

Looking at http://www.skyvector.com Brigham City (BMC) is north of the Class B airspace. Google Maps says it's a 1 hour drive between SLC and BMC. I would be happy to help seeing that I live in Boise but I haven't joined any Aero Clubs (I'm new in town) and I don't own an aircraft. :cry:

Scott

Stallog

Post by Stallog » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:56 am

Marci,

I deleted your email address in your PM. Please let me know what it is. Sorry

Scott

richclover

Post by richclover » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:36 pm

Well, let's see if we can get this done.

I'm new here, as a result of the Friday evening news. What I see is a need for co-ordination/co-operation. First, Leo's foster folks are offering a big help in driving from S. UT to Salt Lake. That's a far piece...

I can meet them in Provo at the airport (Millionaire), or Salt Lake Int'l. (east side, general aviation, Jet Center). In the morning, say 9 AM. Meaning they will have to drive up the night before and spend the night. I'll have Leo in Idaho Falls before noon. Mrbusybody can fly Leo to Boise, there in the early afternoon. We're all home before dark.

Especially Leo.

This weekend, on the Weather Channel 10-day forecast, looks good, Saturday or Sunday.

It could work. Or later in the month...

mummgt

Post by mummgt » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:06 am

to everyone who responded to leo, the old malamute...we've got it covered. by thursday evening he will be in his new permanent home in boise. THANKS AND GOD BLESS ALL.