Completed request. Thank you

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
Cheryl FJ

Completed request. Thank you

Post by Cheryl FJ » Thu May 20, 2010 1:01 am

Complete Thank you.
Last edited by Cheryl FJ on Mon May 24, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: In Urgent Need of Transport from Downey, CA 90242 ->North

Post by suzy » Thu May 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi,
The first thing you need to do is to pick a definite destination with zip code within the U.S. Then post your request under "Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport". PilotsNPaws is just a bulletin board. Pilots will be looking at helping with flights within their areas.

List the weight of the dog. That's important because certain planes cannot carry more than a certain amount of weight. The pilots need to know point of departure and who will be the contact person that is bringing the dog to the airport. Then they need to know who the contact person is at the receiving end. Contact information for all parties is needed, but that can come later after you have a pilot. It it is a long distance, say, over 300 miles, you will need to find several pilots to do multiple legs of a trip.

Once you post on the ride board, look above where your message appears and click on "Map This Request" which is in red. This will give you a listing of pilots who are based along your route. I have found it quicker to e-mail each pilot individually. Type out your first message giving pertinent details (city of departure to city of arrival and weight of dog), copy the message, then go to the next pilot's e-mail and paste that same message, then go to the next and do the same thing. I have sent out 20-30 e-mails sometimes before I get a response. Once in a great while will I find replies posted on my posting. You really have to be proactive and contact the pilots yourself.

IHope this helps,
Susie Cobb, PNP Advisor

suzy

Re: Completed request. Thank you

Post by suzy » Wed May 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi Cheryl,
Would you mind going back to your posting on the ride board. You can get there easily by clicking on "View Your Posts" at the top of the page. When your posting comes up, click on Edit in red over to the right. When it comes up again, type Completed or Done as the first word in the title. I usually put it as the first word in the body of the message too.

We have someone who will move the completed transports to another forum and this makes it easier for them. Plus, if pilots are looking for needs, as soon as they see the word "Completed" of "Done" on the posting, they will know not to look any further.

Thanks,
Susie Cobb
PNP Advisor

suzy

Re: Completed request. Thank you

Post by suzy » Wed May 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Sorry, Cheryl, but I saw you posting underRescues, Do You Have a Question about How to Request a Transport? Ask it Here!
If you have already done that, then everything is fine. I guess what you were doing was letting us know that our instructions helped. I went back and looked at it again and saw my note on how to post a transport. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Susie