PNP Air Transport Planning Chart: Sample

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
robertam
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 40502
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

PNP Air Transport Planning Chart: Sample

Post by robertam » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:42 am

I thought I'd share something I developed that has made it much easier for me to coordinate PNP transports. I have found that when I am coordinating a PilotsNPaws transport I accumulate lots of names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and dates. Early on I realized that the "post-it" method of organization was not only inefficient, but also a good way to misplace vital information so I ended up devising an air transport planning chart. I tried to make mine a “minimalist,” yet comprehensive, version by only including the most basic information about the animal(s) needing transporting[names, # and weights], the sending and receiving rescues/rescuers/shelters[name and name and info for the contact person], and the pilots I contact[date of contact, names, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and their locations]. Once I hear back from the pilots I add the information they provide about the dates they can fly and if it is a multi-segment transport, which segment they can fly[the pilots usually provide the information about starting and ending locations; though frequently you might be given several options].
There is an area at the bottom of the first page where the date the transport request was initially posted to the forum titled “Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport” can be recorded. Having a place to record this important date makes it much easier to edit my original request because now I can easily find it:)
Planning charts aren’t mandatory and this format is not endorsed by PilotsNPaws, but is one that I devised and thought might be helpful to those of you coordinating PNP transports.

The chart is in the attached two paged document. The second page can be used to record more pilot contacts.

Happy coordinating!

Roberta
PNP Advisor
Attachments
1 PnP sample air transport planning chart.doc
(25 KiB) Downloaded 941 times
Roberta Harding
PNP Transport Advisor
Kentucky Animal Relief Fund, Inc.
Lexington, KY
e-mail: [email protected]
cell: 859-338-3470

booksndogs

Re: PNP Air Transport Planning Chart: Sample

Post by booksndogs » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Thanks so much. I've just started working on my first PNP transport, and it is complex due to distance covered (OH-ME). This will definitely help me out.

diannewampler

Post by diannewampler » Tue May 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Thank you for the form. I have attached the filled out form. We are still unclear if this is the proper way to request a transport. Please let us know (preferably by email [email protected].

Sincerely,
Wayne Wampler
801 689 6651
Attachments
1 PnP air transport planning chart.doc
(30.5 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

mikegreen
Zip Code: 80204
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 75

Post by mikegreen » Tue May 27, 2014 12:07 pm

Wayne - you need to post your own trip request by clicking on "New Topic" here:
http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

This word doc that was posted is for trip planning once the trip request is done, and there's someone flying it.

Regards,
Mike
---
Mike
part time forum, maps, and web server jockey with occasional flying