Winchester TN, Detroit , MI

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Kimberley Muse Lange

Winchester TN, Detroit , MI

Post by Kimberley Muse Lange » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:26 pm

:lol: :D TRANSPORT IS COMPLETED ;) THANK YOU PILOT BRENT EARWOOD, PILOT RICHARD BRUDEN AND PILOT KATHY STATON. :mrgreen: :P I am in need of transportation from TN. to Mi for a small 20 pound cocker spaniel E-mail [email protected]
Last edited by Kimberley Muse Lange on Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jon

Re: Attention pilots

Post by Jon » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:26 pm

Kimberly, if you post the origin and destination in the Subject it will help narrow down the search for pilots willing to help. TN is 400 miles wide and MI is many miles north to south.

Kimberley Muse Lange

Post by Kimberley Muse Lange » Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:27 am

Jon, Thanks for your help .I am asking for pilots help .a cocker spaniel named Suzy needs a ride for life.She is in Franklin County Animal Control in Winchester TN. a kind worker there has offered to drive her to a airport with in reason.Suzy dogs forever home is in MI.in the Detroit area she can get a ride home if a pilot gets her to any airport with in 2 hours drive from the Detroit Metro airport.this includes Ohio .I understand the help of a few pilot volunteers is needed because she needs to go through TN.KY.OH to MI.Thanks to all of you pilots out there willing to fly to save animals.E-mail [email protected]

KatS
Zip Code: 49201
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by KatS » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:06 am

I live within driving distance of Detroit. Actually about 1 hour west of Detroit Metro and can fly a leg from south Ohio North to my home airport where the new family can pick Susie up at. Weather is going to be a factor this weekend though but email me at [email protected].

KatS

Re: Winchester TN, Detroit , MI

Post by KatS » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:28 am

Hello Kim

I sent you an email offering my services to help Suzy and good news is Rich has joined in the effort to help also. Please read below. Basically if you can find someone on the TN end to go half way we got the rest covered. Please advise.

Rich - I have a couple carriers that would work for dogs up to 30lbs so we should be covered there. I work from home so my schedule is fairly flexible also. The biggest problem I have right now is my home airport is grass and not plowed during the winter so I am snowed in today. Not a good thing so I may just be able to assist you on these first runs but I will help with the cost etc. Or if you could meet me at an airport half way between us I can drive to meet you and hand off the carriers and ride along. Bring on the pups and we can get it done!

--
It's not easy but it is simple

KatS

Post by KatS » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:45 pm

This is coming together wonderfully, thanks to Kathy's organizational skills!

My tail number is N9885M (Red and White). You could wait in the terminal building there in Ann Arbor - a small low structure at the base of the control tower. I will pull up on the ramp right outside the door.

Ann Arbor Airport is south of Ann Arbor off of State Street.

Kathy, will you bring a crate for Suzy please?

The flight from Ann Arbor to Frankfort (FFT) is one hour and 56 minutes, and we are to rendezvous with Brent at noon. Kathy, why don’t I plan to pick you up in Ann Arbor at 9:30 am (allow a little slack for winds, and if we get there early we can have a cup of coffee and a break; if Brent gets there early, so much the better).

Kim, if we launch from Frankfort at noon with Suzy, again, its 1:56 back to Ann Arbor, so I suggest you meet us at the Ann Arbor Terminal Building (dog biscuits in hand) at 2pm. Once again, if we encounter winds or have a delay in the handoff (Brent doesn’t want to give her up), we might be a little late. There are vending machines in the terminal and some very old magazines.

We'll all double check weather Friday night and make the final go/no-go decision.

Rich

Kathy,

This is Brent- I'll be in a blue & white Beech craft Sundowner N1918L. I plan to depart Winchester for Frankfort at 10AM CST. My flight time should be between 1:45 & 2:00 hours depending on winds aloft. If you can provide me with a contact number, I'll call immediately before departing Winchester.

KatS

Re: Winchester TN, Detroit , MI - Rescheduling

Post by KatS » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:00 pm

This team is determined!!! We are now on standby for Monday the 19th and will continue to be on standby for the first opportunity this coming week. Thanks to all for being so flexible and committed :)

Kimberley Muse Lange

Post by Kimberley Muse Lange » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks to all of the pilots,Kim Suzy home for life

Desmoss

Post by Desmoss » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:18 pm

This is Mike in Cincinnati... keep in mind that I'm available for Winchester to Ohio on Monday... need some notice to shovel out the hanger. ;)

[email protected]

Kimberley Muse Lange

Post by Kimberley Muse Lange » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:44 pm

Winchester TN, to Detroit MI.Mission accomplished,Thanks to Jennifer,Brent,Richard and Kathy.Suzy got the ride she needed to save her life :D