DONE - Oscar the Affenpinscher from Denver to Sheridan, WY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
charlsonk

DONE - Oscar the Affenpinscher from Denver to Sheridan, WY

Post by charlsonk » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:29 am

Valerie called me a little over a week ago (just a couple of days after I had signed up on Pilots 'n' Paws!) and indicated that three affenpinschers needed a ride from Denver to Sheridan, WY. I quickly found out at least to some degree the level of dedication she has to saving dogs and finding good homes for them. In operating her rescue/boardiung facility, the K9 Inn in Wichita, KS, she might have 50 or more dogs at any given time. Needless to say, I was happy to help. I should probably also note that Valerie is connected to the Affenpinscher Rescue.

So, the little guys made their way to temporary boarding in Denver, waiting for weekend flight to Sheridan. That was engough time for them to make Steve, the guy that was nice enough to take care of them, fall in love and adopt two of them. So, that left Oscar and I with plenty of room to stretch out on our trip to Sheridan on January 17. It was beautiful weather, unlimited visibility, and a BIG headwind. Our 330 nm trip took much longer than he would have preferred. (We saw 85 kt gs on the way out - going back was nice) With that extra time, I learned very little about Oscar, except that he doesn't like to fly! He was pretty happy to get on the ground in Sheridan. I understand that he got along with Jo very well on their drive up to Billings.

I really enjoyed helping Oscar get to the next phase of his life. I need to bring better treats next time.
Oscar1.jpg
Oscar1.jpg (66.41 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Kevin-and-Oscar.jpg
Kevin-and-Oscar.jpg (21.4 KiB) Viewed 321 times
Jo-and-Ocar.jpg
Jo-and-Ocar.jpg (14.14 KiB) Viewed 321 times