Done Trans of Dachshunds from WayCross, GA to NY

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
rachel

Done Trans of Dachshunds from WayCross, GA to NY

Post by rachel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:27 pm

Hello, I have an urgent request for a transport for some Dachshunds that where pulled from a hoarder/breeder there are a TTL of 26 but I only have 11going in this direction. They are in a high kill shelter at the moment and one has been moved to a vets because she just and a litter of 3 . I am very sorry I dont have a lot of info on these guys but I know that they are going to be around 15lbs they do have mange that is being treated right now, but other then that they are healthy. we need to get them into rescue ASAP where they can get all the vetting that they need. now to get the where they need to be going to is as far a NY. All of the areas I have listed are just a general area we are open to differen tspots we will work with what ever areas we need too.I have 2 that need to get to the Morganton, NC area where I will have 2 people waiting to get them. then from there I need to get 3 to the Chambersburg, PA area where I will have a few more people waiting and then its off to Perry/ Syracuse, NY where I have sommeone to take the rest of the crew 6 plus the 3 newborns. I know this is alot to get moved there is 11 dogs in all plus the newborns, I dont know if this can be done, they can share crates which I know will help, I am just hoping that someone can help out. Please I have people in most areas that can keep them till they can get to the next stop so if it takes a couple of days to get them there I dont think it will be a problem, please if you can help out in getting them on the way it would be most helpful to there little lives please let me know ASAP by emailing me at [email protected] or calling 410-726-2746. We will work around you what ever time is best for you, we are just thankful that there are people who would be willing to help. THANK YOU Rachel Vaughn ALL AMERICAN DACHSHUND RESCUE
Last edited by rachel on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James Pyke

Re: Urgent Trans of Dachshunds from WayCross, GA to NY

Post by James Pyke » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:22 am

Rachel

I fly out of an airport near Morganton NC. KIPJ Lincoln County. How much total weight are you talking about and in how many crates? I have a two seater with a little room behind the seats and I'm sure i could fly some of the dogs as far as Morganton. Call me at 704-604-1776, I'll be on the road most of the day.

Jim

rylan01

Post by rylan01 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:34 pm

Rachael,

Please consider using the commercial airlines for the transport to NY. First, read our article from the homepage, "commercial aviation assistance" and then take a look at "commercial airline personnel offering transports" from the animals needing transport page.

I would suggest Delta Airlines from Atlanta to NY. While not inexpensive, you can more than likely put a three or so in a crate.

Please let me know if I can help further.

Sarah Murphy Case
Northwest/Delta Airlines Pilot

JERRY S.

Post by JERRY S. » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Welcome,

Ok, what u need to do is go to the pilots map on the pilot n paws home page @ the bottom expand the map so u can see the area better. Email as many pilots as u can starting in the area of the departure going all the way along the your destination. The more pilot’s u email the higher your chances of a successful rescue.

To give u an idea the average leg is usually 200-300 miles, which comes to about 2 hours.
I fly out of the northern NJ area so if u can get the dogs into this area I might be able to help out with a leg.

If u ever need help please don’t hesitate to contact me anytime @ [email protected]

Jerry