RESCUES, Have you looked for Pilots on the Board?

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
Darkrain34684
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

RESCUES, Have you looked for Pilots on the Board?

Post by Darkrain34684 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Several months ago when i was trying to find a pilot to email, I used this link, http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 707031&z=3, filled in the zip codes and I was given several choices, the map with the blue dots but also email list of pilots and email list of volunteers. This made it so easy and it was a huge time saver because I could do 1 email and send to everyone without having to go dot by dot.
Is it possible to get that feature back, it sure made life a lot easier.

Lenore
Heidi's Legacy Dog Rescue

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: RESCUES, Have you looked for Pilots on the Board?

Post by admin » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Darkrain34684 wrote:Several months ago when i was trying to find a pilot to email, I used this link, http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 707031&z=3, filled in the zip codes and I was given several choices, the map with the blue dots but also email list of pilots and email list of volunteers. This made it so easy and it was a huge time saver because I could do 1 email and send to everyone without having to go dot by dot.
Is it possible to get that feature back, it sure made life a lot easier.
LenoreHeidi's Legacy Dog Rescue
Hi Lenore,
Unfortunately due to spammers, we felt we had to change the way emails were used via the board. Previously, you could search for a pilot or a volunteer by clicking on their username or dot on the map, heading to their profile page and retrieving their email address. We had complaints about spammers and made the choice to allow email to be sent via the email software that comes with this bulletin board.

I understand that it is now more time consuming because you have to send one email at a time but until outsiders find something to do besides nab our email addresses this is the way it has to be. Anyone is still welcome to list their direct email address in their postings if they choose. We do state when you join PNP that if you choose to do this, be aware that your email address and phone number are public to those who join the forum board. If we find a better way to protect your email addresses we will certainly change the system back. Until then, we apologize for the incovenience.

Debi