Help! 1st time, how do I coordinate after pilots r secured??

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
TammyWoods

Help! 1st time, how do I coordinate after pilots r secured??

Post by TammyWoods » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Hello,

1st transport request through P&P so please excuse my ignorance on how this all works.

I used the wonderful format that is on this page to initially request my transport. I have two Pilot responses, who have agreed to each take one of the two legs. They will have a meet half way between final destination for drop off & pick up to complete the transport, in which they have agreed. Now, what do I do from here? Do they now coordinate the flight talk? .......... Date, time, loc in airport, etc??? Also, should I supply ground personnel to meet the both of them at the middle meeting ground to assist in transfer of the animals? There are going to be 2-adult dogs & 8 very young puppies. I would love to learn exactly what I should do from here, so it runs smoothly for these air angels and to prepare me for a smoother request next time.

Any & ALL help is appreciated. Thanking you so much in advance for your assistance, Tammy Woods from Whispering Woods Animal Rescue in Phila., PA.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Help! 1st time, how do I coordinate after pilots r secur

Post by deeogee1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Hi Tammy,
Everyone may have a different approach to this. I collect the cell #s, email addresses, plane descriptions/tail numbers and send all this in a group email to the sender(s), receiver(s), and pilots. My experience has always been that the pilots will decide between themselves when/where they want to meet & plan their flights accordingly. You can suggest a date, but you must remain flexible to their schedules and any weather issues that may postpone transport.

Maybe someone who has sent multiple pets can answer your ground support question--but I'm assuming the puppies will be crated and if they are not done with puppy shots, you won't want them on the ground and they will stay crated on the transfer. Ask your pilots what they prefer as far as having others there to help. There is no single right way and if the pilots have transported before, they will follow their methods. I will suggest you make sure ahead of time that any crates you may be providing will fit in the planes/through the doors. It saves time when you don't have to disassemble crates to load them.

I think others will add their thoughts too, but good luck!

Joanne

TammyWoods

Re: Help! 1st time, how do I coordinate after pilots r secur

Post by TammyWoods » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:51 pm

Joanne, thank you so much, big help!!!!!!! :D