Need complete information in the request

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
Eric27
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Need complete information in the request

Post by Eric27 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:49 am

I just ran into a situation that is upsetting to me and probably to the sender and receiver. I was going to do a transport, I had my flight plan set and rented a plane just to find out the transport was for a cat. Not that I have anything against cats but I have a bad allergy to cats. A plane is not the place to have a reaction to your passenger. Since most of the animals will be flying right behind the pilot this is important. As pilots we love to fly and Pilots N Paws is a great way for us to burn up some avgas and do some good. Please don’t leave things like this out, I think most pilots like cats and much as dogs and they fit in small planes better.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Need complete information in the request

Post by admin » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Eric27 wrote:I just ran into a situation that is upsetting to me and probably to the sender and receiver. I was going to do a transport, I had my flight plan set and rented a plane just to find out the transport was for a cat. Not that I have anything against cats but I have a bad allergy to cats. A plane is not the place to have a reaction to your passenger. Since most of the animals will be flying right behind the pilot this is important. As pilots we love to fly and Pilots N Paws is a great way for us to burn up some avgas and do some good. Please don’t leave things like this out, I think most pilots like cats and much as dogs and they fit in small planes better.
Eric, on the transport request form on the board there is a space for breed. Perhaps this rescue contacted you directly and did not use the board, I have no way of knowing but we do our best to ask rescues to disclose all information concerning their flight request. As a pilot, please feel free to ask as many questions as you would like of rescues you will be flying for. The more you know about your passengers the better. I am sorry this happened to all parties involved but we do learn as we go sometimes!

Debi