Have 2-3 legs and need RDU to MD or NJ/4 kits

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lappleton317

Have 2-3 legs and need RDU to MD or NJ/4 kits

Post by lappleton317 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:50 am

Hello to all! I am trying to get 4 kits to MA and have pilot volunteers for ATL-RDU, hopefully MD-NJ and NJ to CT (I can drive to Hartford - it is close enough for me!). Can someone help (next week - weekdays) with RDU to MD or RDU to NJ? Thanks, Laura

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Have 2-3 legs and need RDU to MD or NJ/4 kits

Post by mchutto » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:45 am

Laura,

I replied to your email sent to my home account this morning.

I flew from Chesapeake, VA to Smithfield, NC, then to Wildwood, NJ and then back home to Chesapeake. It was about 550 miles total. I took off from Chesapeake at 8:35 AM and landed back at Chesapeake at 4:35 PM. It was just too much in one day when you factor in the two stops, critter transfer, refueling, etc.

Look on the pilot map. There is a pilot at Smithfield, NC (KJNX). If he can transport them to Virginia, I can probably get them to Maryland.

If you are trying to do this during the week, you might have trouble getting all the legs filled. I can only fly on weekends because I still have a day job.

Given the amount of daylight this time of year, the flights need to be well planned and excuted to avoid flying at night. I don't mind night flying but some pilots do, especially in the north where snow covers the ground.

Marty Hutto

mchutto
Zip Code: 23322
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCPK

Post by mchutto » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:55 am

Laura,

Somthing has come up at home that will prevent me from flying this weekend. I apologize for backing out on my offer, but I will need to be home all weekend.

Marty

mthomson

Post by mthomson » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:13 am

I *might* be able to help tuesday or Friday on a NJ leg... I'm in central NJ. I just have to clear it with my boss

gilsond

Post by gilsond » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:47 pm

I would be willing to pick up the kittens in Accomack, VA and transport to CT this Sunday. Where is the final destination airport?

[email protected]

admin
Site Admin
Pilot?: No

DONE!Re: Have 2-3 legs and need RDU to MD or NJ/4 kits

Post by admin » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:18 pm

Bill and all,

I am not sure why Laura's request is still showing up in the "need" section. I believe her posting must have been made twice?

This transport has been completed and thank you all for your kind offers.

Debi