How do I work out a double transport to and from MI to NC?

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
PetAngelAdopt

How do I work out a double transport to and from MI to NC?

Post by PetAngelAdopt » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:27 pm

Hello;

Our rescue has a special needs cat, Skippy, that is an epileptic and has rear leg damage. He has a special needs sanctuary in North Carolina that will take him, but we need to get him there. I thought via plane would be good, because he could get there in one day and that would be good with his meds. I just learned this weekend of a special needs cat that is in North Carolina at another rescue that has a home just 30 minutes from me. I thought we could work out a transport that took Skippy to North Carolina and brought Biancia back to Michigan or vice versa. I don't know how to go about working this out and could use advice please.

Thanks!

nancy
pet angel adoption & rescue inc.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: How do I work out a double transport to and from MI to N

Post by deeogee1 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:44 pm

Hi Nancy,
In theory that sounds like a great idea, but due to the distance involved, it most likely isn't possible unless you had only 2 pilots flying to meet midway. And I think (without determining the miles involved) that you will need more than 2. At some point in the transport, it might be possible for 2 pilots to meet, swap cats & return to their airports, but the beginning pilots would be long gone from their drop off points. Does this make sense?

If it were me, I'd post separate transports for the cats & see if they can overlap once you get some responses.

Good luck,
Joanne