new to pilots n paws

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
imabxrmom

new to pilots n paws

Post by imabxrmom » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:57 pm

hi my name is Pam..... I'm an independent rescuer for Boxers. And I try to help others needing help placing dogs that have been dumped,dropped off on the roadside, or just outright abandoned. I was just recently contacted about 2 little brothers that are about 2 months old. Tomorrow I start their vetting..I have a lady via my facebook that is interested in adopting them both. problem is i'm in north texas, and she's in new jersey.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: new to pilots n paws

Post by deeogee1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Pam,
We;come to Pilots N Paws. A trip that long will require multiple pilots & most likely some foster time overnight. Your next step is to go to the forum titled "Ride board: Animals needing transport" and post your request by clicking on the "new topic" button. This will bring up a page where you need to fill in the information regarding the transport.
Have you also considered a commercial flight or ground transport?

Good luck with getting these pups to NJ.

Joanne

imabxrmom

Re: new to pilots n paws

Post by imabxrmom » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:39 pm

Joanne

Thanks for the reply...right now I'm waiting on the couple in New Jersey to let me know for sure that they can adopt these babies. If I get a yes from them, then I'll take the next step. I can't afford to do a commercial flight.....what I do I do completely on my own, through scarves/hats I knit and sell, as well as cutting corners on my grocery bill, so I can help the ones I can. My Vets., groomer does ground transport, and I'll be calling her once I hear back from the people in NJ.

Sincerely,
Pam