FILLED! Cocker Needs Ride - Tallahassee, FL - Frederick, MD

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
lcarter14

FILLED! Cocker Needs Ride - Tallahassee, FL - Frederick, MD

Post by lcarter14 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Hi, everyone

Can you help Toby a young, male cocker spaniel get from Tallahassee, FL to Frederick, MD or Westminster, MD? Toby is HW positive and needs to get to Cocker Spaniel Adoption Center, Inc., the receiving rescue, ASAP so that he can start his HW treatment and find his forever home. My plan is to get him moved from Tallahassee, FL to Lumberton, NC on Saturday. And, then on Sunday to finish the transport going from Lumberton, NC - Frederick, MD. I have someone on board in Lumberton who can pick him up from the airport on Saturday, keep him overnight and bring him back on Sunday to meet the pilot who would be flying the final leg into Frederick. Can anyone tell me if two pilots would be sufficient to cover the Tallahassee, FL - Lumberton, NC part of the trip or would it require a third? If you are willing to fly one of these legs please email me at [email protected]. I'm looking at the weekend of February 28th but am completely flexible if the transport needs to be pushed back to the weekend after.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

~Lisa Carter [map:32301-21701]
Last edited by lcarter14 on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bross

Re: Young Cocker Needs Ride - Tallahassee, FL - Frederick, MD

Post by bross » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:42 pm

I could probably take the Tallahassee to Lumberton leg, but I wouldnt' be available until March 7th to do that. Dunno if that's helpful at this point.

On Sunday, March 22nd I'm planning a flight from Kissimmee (KISM) to Atlanta (KPDK). I'll be under a pretty tight schedule so I wouldn't be able to make a stop at Tallahassee so there would have to be some other transport involved, and I know Kissimmee is the wrong direction and kinda far from Tally. Plus I'd only be able to get as far as Atlanta. That's probably not terribly helpful either.

lcarter14

Post by lcarter14 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:52 pm

Oh, Brandon, that would be great! I have no problem moving the transport to the following weekend. You could do that whole leg yourself? If so, why don't we plan on moving it to Saturday, March 7th and Sunday, March 8th?

I'll double check with Jami, Toby's foster mom, the receiving rescue and Diane, the girl who will be doing the overnight. I'm pretty sure it won't be a problem b/c most of them said they were fairly flexible.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, BRANDON!!!!!

bross

Post by bross » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:58 pm

Yea, Tallahassee to Lumberton would be a bit over 2 hours for me, so no problem there. Sometime before then I'll just need to get phone numbers and email addresses for everyone involved.

lcarter14

Post by lcarter14 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Sure, no problem. As soon as I fill the other leg I'll start getting a list of phone #s and email addresses together. Do you think the trip can be done all in one day? I'm wondering now if I even need to involve Diane, the lady who was going to keep Toby overnight. For some reason I thought it would take much longer but what do I know! So, you'll definitely commit?

bross

Post by bross » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:15 pm

Yes, I'll commit. If you can find another pilot, I think getting all the way to Federick the same day might be difficult but possible if the weather is good across the whole route. If everything goes perfectly I can probably be in Tally by 11a. Assuming a quick turn around I can get to Lumberton before 2p. That's all, of course, if everything goes perfectly and there's no delays due to weather. Having somewhere for the dog to overnight in case of weather is a good thing to have prepared anyway, so it would be best for them to at least be on standby.

I do need to warn you that I do have plans that evening back here in Atlanta at 8p. If weather or other factors delay my departure from Atlanta past 11a or so I'll probably have to postpone.

lcarter14

Post by lcarter14 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:37 pm

No problem, Brandon. I can't thank you enough! Maybe I'll leave it up to the pilot (hopefully I'll get one) to make the decision whether to leave the 2nd leg for Sunday or not.

TOBY IS HALF WAY THERE ~ YAY!!

Seawolf

Post by Seawolf » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:26 pm

Assuming this dog is going to the same rescue I'm hopefully taking Julian to, Westminster (Carrol County, KDMW) would be better than Frederick. I did a quick distance check...it's about 315nm, not counting deviations around the adiz/sfra between lumberton and there. Provided I can get Julian home before then, I might be able to take this one too, though can't commit just yet.

Steve
N73SD

lcarter14

Post by lcarter14 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:34 pm

I'm still looking for a pilot to fill the Lumberton, NC ~ Frederick or Westminster, MD leg so I am bumping this up to the top. The rescue is located close to Westminster, MD but they are willing to drive to Frederick to pick up Toby.

Steve, I'm leaving this thread open. If you decide you are able to make the 2nd leg of this trip let me know for sure and I'll change the subject line to "FILLED."

Thanks!!!!

~Lisa Carter

DJK3737T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KFDK
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by DJK3737T » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Hi, Lisa. We've talked about this one. I'm also juggling another transport request for the same weekend, and not sure I'll be able to fly at all. But I'll keep an eye on it.

If the first leg were flown fairly early, it would be feasible in one day. My previous time from Frederick to Lumberton was less than three hours once I finally received my clearance and got airborne.

Best,

-- DJK