DONE! Border Collie to Mobile via Shelby Co.

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
wildBillC

DONE! Border Collie to Mobile via Shelby Co.

Post by wildBillC » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:08 pm

Thanks going to Nancy (who helped us connect the dots), we were able to transport Todd this Tuesday, a black and white Border Collie, via Cessna 172SP from Madison County Executive Airport (KMDQ) to Shelby County airport (KEET), where we transferred him to Sue, who drove the rest of the way to Mobile. Todd (soon to be renamed Wylie?) is a great dog, and will make Sue a wonderful companion. It sounds like Sue will take good care of him, as she fosters other BC's on her farm, with some Australian Shepherds and horses. My kids (and my wife and I) both loved this great dog, and we are really happy to see he'll be ok.

Other thanks go to:

Rene: Who met me in between Athens and Madison to transfer Todd to me.
Ray and Marty at KMDQ: They were really gracious to let us rent the 172 at a reduced rate and use it for a dog rescue flight.
Terry: My neighbor and fellow aeronut, who got me into this Pilots-n-Paws thing.
Shawn: My colleague and also fellow aeronut who sat right seat and acted as "Dog Whisperer" as needed.

BTW: Todd christened the nose wheel before we flew for good luck. Gosh! I wish I could do that!

Here are some pictures.
Todd and Friends.1.jpg
Bill (kneeling), Shawn and Sue with Todd at Shelby Co.
Todd and Friends.1.jpg (194.93 KiB) Viewed 184 times
Todd Happy Not to Fly Anymore.jpg
Todd happy to be out of that loud bumpy thing.
Todd Happy Not to Fly Anymore.jpg (176.41 KiB) Viewed 184 times