HBG/BWI to Bowling Green, KY

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
Pitmama

HBG/BWI to Bowling Green, KY

Post by Pitmama » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:44 pm

Hi we are Rocky's Rescue! We rescued a dog from a shelter in Bowling Green, KY. We have had him a year now and they also listed him on their Petfinder page as a courtesy (assuming if they got any interest, we could send him back down on their transport truck, which travels up here about every two weeks). Well we finally got a good applicant for him, but his foster mom is so attached to him, she doesn't want to send him down on the truck and take the chance that they meet him and for WHATEVER reason decide they don't want him. Then he'd have to go back into a shelter situation. She was/is planning to DRIVE him to Kentucky herself so she can avoid that situation (and secretly I think she'd like to meet the family herself, even though we have someone locally doing a home visit for us). Craig Johnston (one of your pilots) suggested I join the forum and see if anyone is willing to transport this dog (18 month old male neutered about 45 pounds) and allow his foster mom to ride along so she can bring him back home if the adoption doesn't go through for any reason. Email me at [email protected] if you can help. We are flexible on dates, but would probably want to transport in next 1-2 weeks. Thanks! Wendy

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: HBG/BWI to Bowling Green, KY

Post by suzy » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi Wendy,
Sorry no one has replied to your post. I did not get a notification of it.
You need to post your request on "Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport". Then click on New Topic. There is a form that only asks for pertinent details. By this time, you have probably driven the dog where he needs to go.
Suzy